Monitoring of forest cover type and landuse classes through remote sensing techniques
- 51 Downloads
Ranikhet tahsil being situated in mountaineous region of the Himalaya has been influenced by fast changes in forest cover and landuse during the recent past. Remote sensing technique has been employed to monitor the changes in forest cover and imporant landuse classes. Landsat MSS (FCC) and Landsat TM (FCC) of 1972 and 1986 respectively has been visually interpreted.
The study highlights the potential of remote sensing techniques for monitoring the changes in forest cover and land use classes.
KeywordsForest Cover Landsat Landsat Thematic Mapper Pine Forest Forest Cover Type
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gautam, N.C. & L.R.A. Narayan, 1983 Landsat MSS data for Landuse and Land Cover Inventory and Mapping. A case study of A.P. Photonirvachak journal of Ind. Soc. of P.I. & R.S. Vol. II, No. 3, Page 15–27.Google Scholar
- Raghavaswami, V. & N.C. Gautam 1982, Application remote sensing techniques for optimum landuse planning and environmental conservation in different physical environs. A paper presented in symp. on Resources Survey for Landuse Planning and Environmental Conservation Abstract October 2–22, 1982 org. by Ind. Soc. of Ph. & R.S., Dehra Dun, pp. 8–9.Google Scholar
- Unni, N.V.M. 1983, Forest survey and management using remote sensing. Edited by B.L. Deekshatulu & Y.S. Rajan. Ind. Acad. of Science, Bangalore, pp. 115–133.Google Scholar
- Gautam, N.C. & C.H. Channaih 1985, Landuse and Land cover mapping and change detection in Tripura using statellite Landsat Data Ind. Journal of R.S., Vol. 6, (3 & 4) pp 517–528.Google Scholar
- Ashbindu Singh 1986, Change detection in the tropical forests environment of North-Eastern India using Landsat data. Remote Sensing & Tropical Land Management. Ed. Eden & J.T. Perry John Wiley & Sons, pp 237–253.Google Scholar
- Roy, P.S. & Kaul, R.N. & S.S. Gabriyal 1985 Forest cover stratification and delineation of shifting cultivation in the eastern part of Arunahcal Pradesh using Landsat MSS data Ind. Jour. of R.S., vol. 6 (3 & 4) pp. 411–418.Google Scholar
- Champion H.G. & S.K. Seth 1968, A revised survey of forest types of India, Govt. of India publication, Delhi.Google Scholar