A study of gelled enzyme ultrafiltration reactors
- 23 Downloads
Experiments were carried out in UF reactors with dynamically formed gelled enzyme artificial membranes. Unstirred batch systems and UF reactors with continuous recirculation of the substrate on the membrane were investigated. A significant increase in enzyme stability was tested in both systems. The enzymes used were acid phosphatase, urease, and β-glucosidase. The agreement between the experimental results and the predictions of a simple analytical model for the two classes of UF heterogeneous enzymatic reactors is generally satisfactory.
KeywordsAcid Phosphatase Analytical Prediction Ultrafiltration Membrane Initial Substrate Concentration Simple Analytical Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Goldman, R., Goldstein, L., andKatshalsky, E. (1971)In: Biomedical Aspects of Reactions on Solid Supports,Stark, G. R., ed., Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar
- 3.Vieth, W. R., andVenkatasubramanian, K. (1973) Enzyme Engineering, Parts I, II, III, and IV, Chemtech, November.Google Scholar
- 4.Caplan, S. R., andThomas, D. (1976)In: Membrane Separation Process,Meares, ed., Elsevier, Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- 5.Wingard, L. B., Jr., ed. (1972) Enzyme Engineering, Interscience, New York.Google Scholar
- 6.Shuichi, A., Aibe Humphrey, A. E., andMillie, M. F. (1973) Biochemical Engineering, Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar
- 8.Drioli, E.,Gianfreda, L.,Palescandolo, R., andScardi, V. (1976)In : Analysis and Control of Immobilized Enzymes,Thomas, D., andKervenez, J. P., eds., North-Holland, Amsterdam, p. 179.Google Scholar
- 9.Gianfreda, L., andCantarella, M. (1976) Private communication.Google Scholar
- 10.Cantarella, M., andRagosta, G. (1975) Boll. Soc. It. Biol. Sper. 51: 1092.Google Scholar
- 11.Laidler, K. J., andBunting, P. S. (1973) The Chemical Kinetics of Enzyme Action, Clarendon Press, Oxford.Google Scholar