Penta-coordinated phosphorus structure analysis on kinases
- 50 Downloads
In this paper, based on the known crystal structures of Square Pyramid (SP) and Trigonal Bipyramid (TBP) penta-coordinated phosphorus compounds containing amino acid side chains, such as amino, carboxyl, hydroxyl or thiol, a software designed to survey the P(5)-Structure of phosphorylated proteins. By this software, it was found that 382 of 398 phosphorus-related kinases (96%) from current PDB could go through the penta-coordinated phosphorus transition state or intermediate. For example, in protein 1HE8, amino group in Lysine16 was within 3.58 Å from the phosphorus atom, and a potential TBP structure consisting GNP2 and Nz could be overlapped with an authentic TBP with an RMSD value of 0.71 Å.
Keywordspenta-coordinated phosphorus structures kinases
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ao, S. Z. et al., Cell Regulation by Protein Phosphorylation and Dephosphorylation (in Chinese), Shanghai: Shanghai Sci. Tech. Press, 1994.Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, Q., Zhao, Y. F., An, F. L. et al., Observation for penta-coordinated phosphorus structure through reaction of O,O-phenylene phosphorylchloride and α-trimethylsilyl amino acid derivatives, Science in China, Series B (in Chinese), 1995, 25: 58–63.Google Scholar
- 8.Zhao, Y. F., Yan, Q. J., Wang, Q., Phosphoryl transfer reaction regulated by amino acid side chains: A model for phosphoproteins, Int. J. Peptide Protein Res., 1996, 47: 276–281.Google Scholar
- 20.Liu, L. Z., Liu, Z. J., Organic Phosphorus Chemistry (in Chinese), Central China Normal University Press, 1991, 182–215.Google Scholar
- 23.Swamy, K. C., Kumar, N. S., Pentacoordinated phosphorus in action, Current Sci., 2003, 85: 1256–1258.Google Scholar
- 25.Authors of Scientific Community Worldwide, as specified in PDB files’ author sections, which available on http://www.rcsb.org/pdb.Google Scholar