New type of spherical pore Al alloy foam with low porosity and high strength
- 66 Downloads
A computer system for displacement sensor is developed to obtain the real-time curve of the liquid porosity of molten Al alloy foam. The relationship between the curve ofP I-t and the change of the shape of the cells (spherical, similar spherical and polygonal) in the foaming process is analyzed. The changes of cell diameter and cell wall thickness are studied. And the the controlling methods of a new Al alloy foam with spherical pores, low porosity and high strength are developed on this basis. Also, the stress-strain curve during compressive deformation and energy absorption characteristics are investigated and compared with polygonal pore Al alloy foam with high porosity.
Keywordsspherical pore low porosity high strength interface shifting Al alloy foam
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ashby, M. F., Lu, T. J., Metal Foams: a survey, Science in China, Series B, 2003, 46(6): 521–532.Google Scholar
- 2.Banhart, J., Ashby, M. F., Fleck, N. A., Cellular metals and metal foaming technology, International Conference on Cellular Metals and Metal Foaming Technology, Bremen, 2001, Bremen: Verlag MIT, 2001. 5–55.Google Scholar
- 3.Ashby, M. F., Evans, A. G., Fleck, N. A. et al., Metal Foams: A Design Guide, Oxford: Butter Heinemann, 2000.Google Scholar
- 4.Gibson, L. J., Ashby, M. F., Cellular Solids-Structure and Properties, Second Edition, Great Britain: Cambridge University Press, 1999, 1–10.Google Scholar
- 5.Yang Donghui, He Deping, The porosity of porous Al alloys, Science in China, Series B, 2001, 44(4): 411–418.Google Scholar
- 8.Zheng Mingjun, He Deping, Deformation and energy absorption characteristic of high strength cellular Al alloy, Chinese Journal of Materials Research, 2002, 16(5): 473–478.Google Scholar
- 9.He Deping, Zheng Mingjun, China Patent, Open NO. CN1381606, 2002–11–27.Google Scholar
- 10.Xi Guosheng, He Deping, Li Kunpeng, Performance of hollow cylindrical sandwich with high specific strength foamed Al alloy core, Chinese Journal of Materials Research, 2003, 17(2): 162–168.Google Scholar