Use of remote sensing techniques for agricultural land use survey, classification and planning
- 89 Downloads
A critical appraisal of the need and use of remote sensing techniques for land use mapping with particular reference to Indian conditions have been made. Land use classification system based on physiography, utility, management and identification have been suggested using remote sensing techniques at different levels of mapping.
KeywordsSatellite Imagery Side Slope Physiographic Unit Remote Sensing Technique Multispectral Imagery
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Beek, K.J. (1978) Land Evaluation for Agricultural Development International Institute for Land Reclamation and Improvement/ILRI P.O. Box 45 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands.Google Scholar
- Christian, C.S. and G.A. Stewart (1968) Methodology of integrated surveys in P Rey(ed) Aerial surveys and integrated studies. Natural resources research VI UNESCO, Paris.Google Scholar
- Dalton, G.E.(Ed) (1975) Study of Agriculture Systems. Applied Sci. Pub. London.Google Scholar
- De Bruijn, C.A. (1982) Urban Surveys Experimental Mapping from Air Photos (USE MAP). Lecture notes, Urban Survey Department, ITC, Enschede, The Netherlands.Google Scholar
- F.A.O. (1976) A framework for land evaluation, Soils Bull. No. 32, FAO Rome and ILRI, Wageningen Publ. No. 22.Google Scholar
- Gautam, N.C. and Narayan, L.R.A. (1982) Tentative land use/land cover classification system in India using remote sensing techniques N.R.S.A. publication, Hyderabad, India.Google Scholar
- Hilwig, F.W. (1979) Selection of Landsat MSS data for inventories of earth resources. I.T.C. Journal, 1979–2 pp 249.Google Scholar
- Klingebiel, A.A. and P.H. Montgomery (1961) Land capability classifications, Agri. Handbook 210, Soil Conservation Service, U.S.Govt. Printing Office, Washington, D.C.Google Scholar
- Ruthenberg, H. (1976) 2nd Ed. Farming Systems in the tropics 366 P.P. Oxford University Press, London.Google Scholar
- Schwarz, D.E., D.S.Simonett, G.F.Jerk and J.R.Ratzlaff (1969) The contribution of thematic land use map with spacecraft photography, Department of Geography and Centre for Research in Engineering Science University of Kansas, Lawrence.Google Scholar
- A User Guide using remote sensor data for land use mapping and inventory (1974) United States Department of Interior, Geological Survey, Interagency Report USGS-253 July 1974.Google Scholar