Enhancing nearfield acoustic holography using wavelet transform
- 82 Downloads
When there are low signal to noise relationships or low coherences between measured pressure and a reference sensor, a pressure field measured and estimated by NAH (Nearfield Acoustic Holography) becomes noisy on the hologram and source planes. This paper proposes a method to obtain the high coherent de-noised pressure signals from low coherent noisy ones by combining a wavelet algorithm with NAH. The proposed method obtains the de-noised field from acoustic fields on a noise source plane reconstructed through backward propagation of NAH. Thus this method does not need high coherent pressure signals on the hologram surface while the conventional nearfield acoustic holography requires high-coherent signals. The proposed method was verified by numerical simulation using noisy signals, composed of original signals and imposed noises distributed on the hologram surface.
Key WordsWavelet Holography Denoising Acoustics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chang, S. G. and Vetterli, M., 1997, “Spatial Adaptive Wavelet Thresholding for Image Denoising,”Proc of IEEE Intl Conf on Image Processing, pp. 374-377Google Scholar
- Coifman, R. R. and Donoho, D. L., 1995,Ideal Translation Invariant De-noising, Springer VerlagGoogle Scholar
- Donoho, D. L., 1992, “Wavelet Thresholding and W. V. D.: A 10-minute Tour,”Intl. Conf. on Wavelets and Applications, Toulouse, France, JuneGoogle Scholar
- Donoho, D. L. and Johnstone, I. M., 1993, “Adaptating to Unknown Smoothness by Wavelet Shrinkage,”Technical Report, Department of Statistics, Stanford UniversityGoogle Scholar
- Dumbacher, S. M., Brown, D. L., Blough, J. R. and Bono, R. W., 2000, “Practical Aspects of Making NAH Measurements,”SAE Transaction, Vol. 108, No. 6, Part 2., pp. 3081–3090Google Scholar
- Goodman, W., 1968,Introduction to Fourier Optics, McGraw-HillGoogle Scholar
- Meyer, Y., 1993,Wavelets: Algorithms and Applications, SIAMGoogle Scholar
- Morlet, J., 1983, “Sampling Theory and Wave Propagation,” in NATO ASI Series, Vol. 1,Issues in Acoustic signal/Image processing and recognition, C. H. Chen, ed. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, pp. 233–261Google Scholar
- Shao, X. and Cherkassky, V., 1998, “Model Selection for Wavelet-Based Signal Estimation,”Proc. IEEE Intl. Joint Conf. on Neural Networks, Vol.2, pp. 843–848Google Scholar
- Simoncelli, E. P., 1999, “Bayesian De-noising of Visual Images in the Wavelet Domain,” inBayesian Inference in Wavelet Based Models, Muller and Vidakovic (eds.), Springer VerlagGoogle Scholar