Temperature analysis for the linear cell in the vapor deposition process
- 55 Downloads
The OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diodes) display recently used for the information indicating device has many advantages over the LCD (Liquid Crystal Display), and its demand will be increased highly. The linear cell should be designed carefully considering the uniformity of thin film on the substrate. Its design needs to compute the temperature field analytically because the uniformity for the thin film thickness depends on the temperature distribution of the source (organic material). In the present study, the design of the linear cell will be modified or improved on the basis of the temperature profiles obtained for the simplified linear cell. The temperature distributions are numerically calculated through the STAR-CD program, and the grids are generated by means of the ICEM CFD program. As the results of the simplified linear cell, the temperature deviation was shown in the parabolic form among the both ends and the center of the source. In order to reduce the temperature deviation, the configuration of the rectangular ends of the crucible was modified to the circular type. In consequence, the uniform temperature is maintained in the range of about 90 percent length of the source. It is expected that the present methods and results on the temperature analysis can be very useful to manufacture the vapor deposition device.
Key WordsOLED (Organic Light Emitting Diodes) Linear Cell Uniformity of Thin Film Vapor Deposition Radiative Heat Transfer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Choi, J. W., Kim, S. C. and Jung, H., 2004, “Temperature Analysis for the Point-Cell Source in the Vapor Deposition Process,”KSME International Journal, Vol. 18, No. 9, pp. 1680–1688.Google Scholar
- ICEM CFD Reference Manual (version 4.2), 2000, ICEM Engineering.Google Scholar
- Incropera, F. P. and DeWitt, D. P., 2002,Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer, John Wiley & Sons Inc., pp. 903-967.Google Scholar
- Smith, D. L., 1994,Thin-Film Deposition Principles and Practice, McGraw-Hill, pp. 63-118.Google Scholar
- STAR-CD Methodology (version 3.15), 2001, Computational Dynamics Limited, chap. 9.Google Scholar
- STAR-CD Tutorials (version 3.15), 2001, Computational Dynamics Limited, chap. 12.Google Scholar
- STAR-CD User Guide (version 3.15), 2001, Computational Dynamics Limited.Google Scholar