Time-discretization of nonlinear systems with delayed multi-input using Taylor series
- 141 Downloads
This study proposes a new scheme for the sampled-data representation of nonlinear systems with time-delayed multi-input. The proposed scheme is based on the Taylor-series expansion and zero-order hold assumption. The mathematical structure of a new discretization scheme is explored. On the basis of this structure, the sampled-data representation of nonlinear systems including time-delay is derived. The new scheme is applied to nonlinear systems with two inputs and then the delayed multi-input general equation is derived. The resulting time-discretization provides a finite-dimensional representation of nonlinear control systems with time-delay enabling existing controller design techniques to be applied to them. In order to evaluate the tracking performance of the proposed scheme, an algorithm is tested for some of the examples including maneuvering of an automobile and a 2-DOF mechanical system.
Key WordsNonlinear System Time-Discretization Time-Delay Multi-Input Taylor-Series
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Byeon, K. S. and Song, J. B., 1997, “Control of Throttle Actuator System based on Time Delay Control,”KSMEA, Vol.21, No. 12, pp. 2081–2090, in Korea.Google Scholar
- Choi, B. H., Jung, W. J. and Choi, H. R., 1999, “Study for Control of Master-Slave Teleoperation System with Time Delay,”KSMEA, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 57–65, in Korea.Google Scholar
- Choi, J. S. and Baek, Y. S., 2002, “A Single DOF Magnetic Levitation System using Time Delay Control and Reduced-Order Observer,”KSME Int. J., Vol. 16, No. 12, pp. 1643–1651, in Korea.Google Scholar
- Franklin, G. F., Powell, J. D. and Workman, M. L., 1998,Digital Control of Dynamic Systems. Addison-Wesley, New York.Google Scholar
- Jeong, K. W. and Lee, S. H., 1995,” Design of Robust Controller for Teleoperated Robot System with Time Delay,”KSME, Vol. 19, No. 12, pp. 3141–3150, in Korea.Google Scholar
- Kang, S. J. and Park, K. S., 1999, “Discretization-Based Analysis of Structural Electrodynamics,”KSME Int. J., Vol. 13, No. 11, pp. 842–850, in Korea.Google Scholar
- Kazantzis, N., Chong, K. T., Park, J. H. and Parlos, A. G., 2003, “Control-relevant Discretization of Nonlinear Systems with Time-Delay Using Taylor-Lie Series,”American Control Conference, pp. 149–154.Google Scholar
- Kwon, O. S., Chang, P. H. and Jung, J. H., 2002, “Stability Analysis of Time Delay Controller for General Plants,”KSMEA, Vol. 26, No. 6, pp. 1035–1046, in Korea.Google Scholar
- Park, J. H., 2004, “Discretization of Nonlinear System with Time-Delay via Taylor Series,” M. S. Thesis, Chonbuk National University, Jeon-Ju, Feb, in Korea.Google Scholar
- Vaccaro, R. J., 1995,Digital Control. McGraw-Hill, New York.Google Scholar
- Vidyasagar, M., 1978,Nonlinear Systems Analysis. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs.Google Scholar