Three new eye-colour mutations inDrosophila pseudo-obscura
- 34 Downloads
1. Three new sex-linked eye-colour mutants ofDrosophila pseudo-obscura are described and named: buff, rust and rust2.
2. Buff is an allele of white and eosin and has been given the symbolw b. Rust and rust2 are located 28 cross-over units to the right of vermilion and 20 to the left of sepia.
3. The combined effects of these with other eye-colour genes are described.
4. The development and histology of rust have been studied in detail and compared with wildtype.
KeywordsEosin Pigment Cell Pigment Granule Pigment Deposition Buff Male
- Cochrane, F. (1936). “Observations on eye-colour development inDrosophila pseudo-obscura.”J. Genet. 32, 183–7.Google Scholar
- —— (1937). “An histological analysis of eye pigment development inDrosophila pseudo-obscura.”Proc. Roy. Soc. Edinburgh,57, 385–99.Google Scholar
- Lancefield, D. E. (1922). “Linkage relations of the sex-linked characters inDrosophila obscura.”Genetics,8, 335–84.Google Scholar
- Morgan, T. H., Bridges, C. B. &Sturtevant, A. H. (1925). “The genetics ofDrosophila.”Bibliogr. genet. 2, 1925.Google Scholar
- Peterfy, T. (1928).Metodik wiss. Biol. Berlin.Google Scholar