A new sesquiterpene hydroperoxide from the aerial parts ofAster oharai
- 205 Downloads
Phytochemical works on the aerial parts ofAster oharai (Compositae) led to the isolation of a new sesquiterpene hydroperoxide, 7α-hydroperoxy-3, 11-eudesmadiene (2) and seven known compounds, teucdiol B (1), α-spinasterol (3), oleanolic acid (4), α-spinasterol 3-O-β-D-glucopyranoside (5), methyl 3,5-di-O-caffeoyl quinate (6), 3,5-di-O-caffeoylquinic acid (7), 3,4-di-O-caffeoylquinic acid (8). The chemical structures of1–8 were established by chemical and spectroscopic methods. Compound2 showed cytotoxicity against cultured human tumor cell linesin vitro, SK-OV-3 (ovarian), SK-MEL-2 (skin melanoma), and HCT15 (colon) with ED50 values ranging from 3.86-17.21 ug/mL.
KeywordsAster oharai Compositae Sesquiterpene hydroperoxide Quinic Acid Cytotoxicity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ahmad, V. U. and Rahman, A. U., Handbook of natural products data; Pentacyclic triterpenoids.Elsevier Science, 2, 111 (1994).Google Scholar
- Goad, L. J., Analysis of sterols. Blackie academic & professional, London, pp. 388 (1997).Google Scholar
- Iida, T., Ishikawa, T., Tamura, T., and Matumoto, T., Carbon-13 nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopic evidence of chondrillasterol isolated from ground seed oil.Yukagaku, 29, 345–346 (1980).Google Scholar
- Kim, T. J., Wild flowers of Korea. Seoul, Korea, Kugilmedia, p. 232, (1996).Google Scholar
- Lee, K. R., Peroxide constituents in the natural product research.Kor. J. Pharmacogn., 22, 145–155 (1991).Google Scholar
- Oliveira, F. C., Ferreira, M. J. P., Nunez, C. V., Rodriguez, G. V., and Emerenciano, V. P.,13C-NMR spectroscopy of eudesmane sesquiterpenes.Prog. Nucl. Mag. Res. Sp., 7, 145 (2000).Google Scholar