2,3-Dibenzylbutyrolactones and 1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-2-naphthoic acid γnes: structure and activity relationship in cytotoxic activity
- 79 Downloads
Dibenzyl-g-butyrolactone and 1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-2-naphthoic acid γ(TNL) derivatives were synthesized and evaluated for cytotoxic activity against some cancer cell lines. It was found that TNL derivatives with a shorter distance between C-4 in ring A and C'-2 in ring C were more cytotoxic, while dibenzyl-γ-butyrolactones with a longer one were nearly inactive. In TNL series, presence of 3,4-dioxy group in ring A and 2-methoxy group in ring C was essential for the enhancement of the activity.
Key wordsYatein analogues Deoxypodophyllotoxin analogues Cytotoxic activity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Andrew, P., Robert, S. W., Martyn, C. P. and Trevor, K. Synthesis of lignans related to the podophyllotoxin series.J. Chem. Soc. Perkin Trans. 1, 1603–1613 (1988).Google Scholar
- Andrew, P., Ward, P., Satyanarayana, P. and Collins, P. Synthesis of lignan lactones by conjugate addition of thioacetal carbanions to butenolide.J. Chem. Soc. Perkin Trans. 1, 643–647 (1983).Google Scholar
- Jardine, I. and Cassidy, J. M.In anticancer agents based on natural product models, Academic Press, New York, pp. 319–351 (1980).Google Scholar
- Noguchi, T. and Kawanami, M. Studies on the constituent ofAnthricus sylvestris Hoffm.Vakugaku Zasshi, 60, 629–636 (1940).Google Scholar
- Terada, T., Fujimoto, K., Nomura, M., Kobunai, T., Takeda, S., Wierzbi, K., Yamada, Y. and Yamaguchi, H. Antitumor agent. I. DNA topoisomerase II inhibitory activity and the structural relationship of podophyllotoxin derivatives as antitumor agents.Chem. Pharm. Bull., 40, 2720–2727 (1992).PubMedGoogle Scholar