Synthesis of 6-exomethylenepenams as β-lactamase inhibitors
- 30 Downloads
The 6,6-dibromopenam (6) was treated with CH3MgBr and carbaldehyde5 to afford the hydroxy compound7, which was reacted with acetic anhydride to give acetoxy compound8. The deacetobromination of8 with zinc and acetic acid gave 6-exomethylenepenams,E-isomer10 andZ-isomer9, which was oxidized to sulfone11 bym-CPBA. Thep-methoxybenzyl compounds were deprotected by AlCl3 and neutralized to give the sodium salts12, 13 and14.
Key wordsTriazole 6-Exomethylenepenam β-Lactamase Inhibitors
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bennett, I. S., Brooks, G., Broom, N. J. P., Calvert, S. H., Coleman, K. and Francois, I., 6-(Substituted methylene) penems, potent broad spectrum inhibitors of bacterial β-lactamase V. Chiral 1,2,3-triazolyl derivatives.J. Antibiotics, 44, 969–978 (1991a).Google Scholar
- Bennett, I., Broom, N. J. P., Bruton, G., Calvert, S., Clarke, B. P., Coleman, K., Edmondson, R., Edwards, P., Jones, D., Osborne, N. F. and Walker, G., 6-(Substituted methylene)penems, potent broad spectrum inhibitors of bacterial β-lactamase III. Structure-activity relationships of the 5-membered heterocyclic derivatives.J. Antibiotics, 44, 331–337 (1991b).Google Scholar
- Broom, N. J. P., Brooks, G. and Clark, B. P., β-(Substituted methylene) penems.Eur. Pat. Appl. 321187 A1, (1989).Google Scholar
- Chen, Y. L., Chang, C. W., Hedberg, K., Guarino, K., Welch, W. M. and Kiessling, L., Structure-activity relationships of 6-(heterocyclyl)methylene penam sulfones; a new class of β-lactamase inhibitors.J. Antibiotics, 40, 803–822 (1987).Google Scholar
- Kapur, J. C. and Fasel, H. P., 6,6-Dibromopenicillanic acid 1,1-dioxide.Eur. Pat. Appl. EP 139047, (1985).Google Scholar
- Micetich, R. G., Maiti, S. N., Spevak, P., Hall, T. W., Yamabe, S., Ishida, N., Tanaka, M., Yamazaki, T., Nakai, A. and Ogawa, K., Synthesis and β-lactamase inhibitory properties of 2β-[(1,2,3-triazol-1-yl)methyl]-2α-methylpenam-3α-carboxylic acid 1,1-dioxide and related triazolyl derivatives.J. Med. Chem., 30, 1469–1474 (1987).PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Sauer, J. C., Propiolaldehyde.Org. Synthesis, 4, 813–815 (1963).Google Scholar