Changes of tissue factor activity on inflammatory stimulus and aging in rat
- 51 Downloads
Tissue factor (TF), a principal initiator of the vertebrate coagulation cascade, is expressed in organ tissues, cells and blood. TF is known to be induced in endothelial cells, monocytes and macrophages by inflammatory stimuli and in many pathologic conditions. By using the modified method forin vivo TF activity assay, we found that turpentine oil injection as an inflammatory stimulus also induced the TF activity in lung and brain tissues of rats. And the age-related increase in TF activity was observed in healthy rat brain tissue.
Key wordsBrain tissue factor Lung tissue factor Inflammatory stimulus Age-related increase of tissue factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gonmori, H. and Takeda, Y., Properties of canine tissue thromboplastins from brain, lung, arteries and veins.Am. J. Phsiol., 229, 618–626 (1975).Google Scholar
- Gonmori, H. and Takeda, Y., Properties of human tissue thromboplastins from brain, lung, arteries and placenta.Thromb. Hemost., 36, 90–103 (1976).Google Scholar
- Hisch, E. A., Tutuarima, J. A. and van der Helm, H. J., Spectrophotometry of tissue thromboplastin in cerebrospinal fluid.Clin. Chem., 27, 1427–1430 (1981).Google Scholar
- Key, N. S., Vercellotti, G. M., Winkelmann, J. C., Moldow, C. F., Goodman, J. L., Esmon, N. L., Esmon, C. T. and Jacob, H. S., Infection of vascular endothelial cells with herpes simplex virus enhances tissue factor activity and reduces thrombomodulin expression.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 87, 7095–7099 (1990).PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Kobayashi, M., Wada, H., Wakita, Y., Shimura, M., Nakase, T., Hiyoyama, K., Nagaya, S., Minami, N., Nakano, T. and Shiku, H., Decreased plasma tissue factor pathway inhibitor levels in patients with thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.Throm. Haemat., 73, 10–14 (1995).Google Scholar
- Lowry, O. H., Roseburgh, N. J., Farr, A. L. and Randall, R. J., Protein measurement with the Foline phenol reagent.J. Biol, Chem., 193, 265–275 (1951).Google Scholar
- Ruf, W., Schullek, J. R., Stone, M. J. and Edgington, T. S., Mutational mapping of functional residues in tissue factor: Identification of Factor VII recognition determinants in both structural modules of the predicted cytokine receptor homology domain.Boichem., 33, 1565–1572 (1994).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Schorer, A. E. and Moldow, C. F., Production of tissue factor, In Ryan, U.S. (Ed.).Endothelial Cells. vol I, CRC press, Boca Raton, Florida, pp. 85–105, 1988.Google Scholar
- Thompson, A. R. and Harker, L. A.,Manual of hemostasis and thrombosis. F. A. Davis Company, Philadelphia, pp. 180–182, 1983).Google Scholar
- Warr, T. A., Rao, V. M. and Rapaport, S. I., Disseminated intravascular coagulation in rabbits induced by administration of endotoxin or tissue factor: Effect of anti-tissue factor antibodies and measurement of plasma extrinsic pathway inhibitor activity.Blood, 75, 1481–1489 (1990).PubMedGoogle Scholar