Studies on the effects of piperidine derivatives on blood pressure and smooth muscles contractions
- 40 Downloads
Ten substituted phenacyl derivatives of 4-hydroxypiperidine were synthesized and studied for their effects on the mean arterial blood pressure (MABP) in normotensive anaesthetized rats and smooth muscles contractions of isolated rabbit jejunum. Two derivatives caused fall in blood pressure at the dose of 10≈20 mg/kg and one rise in blood pressure at the dose of 20 mg/kg. Two compounds exhibited biphasic response (hypotensive followed by hypertensive) and one gave triphasic response at 10 mg/kg dose. Rest of four derivatives were found devoid of any effect on mean arterial blood pressure up to the dose of 30 mg/kg. All the derivatives except two caused relaxant effect on the spontaneous contraction of rabbit jejunum at the dose range of 0.1≈2 mg/kg.
Key wordsPiperidine Antihypertensive Smooth muscle contraction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brading, A. F.,TIPS., How do drugs initiate contraction in smooth muscles? 2, 259–61 (1981).Google Scholar
- Maillard, J., Delaunary, P., Langlois, M. and Vo Van, T., Spiro-heterocyclic cycloalkane compounds-IV. Synthesis of '4-piperidine-5-spiro-2-oxazolidinones.Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr., 4, 1394–98 (1970).Google Scholar
- Mcleod, L. C. (1970).Pharmacological Experiments on Intact Preparations (E & S Livingstone, Edinburg) p. 63.Google Scholar
- Saeed, M., Ahmad, M., Saify, Z. S., Zia, A., Ahmad, V. U. and Iqbal, Z., Synthesis and analgesic activity of 4-piperidinol derivatives.Pak. J. Pharm. Pb. Univ. Lahore 9, 37–42 (1996).Google Scholar
- Saify, Z. S., Saeed, M., Khan, A. Moazzam, H., Ahmad, V. U., Zia, A. and Haleem, D. J. Synthesis of some piperidine derivatives of potential analgesic activity. Proceed.19th IUPAC Symp. on Chem. Nat. Products. Kar., Pak., 75–83 (1994a).Google Scholar
- Saify, Z. S., Saeed, M., Moazzam, H., Yasmeen, A., Zafar, A. and Haleem, D. J., Studies on the effect of 4-hydroxy-4-phenylpiperidine derivative (4-HPPD) on mice brain dopamine metabolism.Proceed. ISBBP, Univ. Kar., Pak., 1, 36–39 (1994b).Google Scholar
- Takai, H., Obase, H., Teranishi, M., Karasawa, A., Kubo, K., Shuto, K., Kasuya, Y., Hashikami, M., Karashima, N. and Shigenobu, K., Spiropiperidines-1. Synthesis of '1-substituted spiropiperidine derivatives and evaluation of their antihypertensive activity.Chem. Pharm. Bull., 33, 1129–39 (1985b).PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Weiner, N. (1985). In:Goodman and Gilman's Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Gilman, A. G., Goodman, L. S., Rall, T. W., and Murad, F. ed. (MacMillan, New York), p. 145.Google Scholar