Synthesis and quartermization of 6-(substitutedamino)-purines with antitumor activity screening
- 26 Downloads
Reaction of 6-chloro-9-benzyl-8-(methylthio)purine3 with primary amines afforded, the corresponding 6-(substitutedamino)purines4a-g. The latter products when methylated with methyl iodide yielded smoothly N3-methyl purinium iodide salts5a-f rather than the probable N1-and N7-derivatives. 9-Benzyl-3-methyl-6-(methylimino)-8-(methylthio)purine8 was obtained upon treating the purinium iodide5a with alkali. Most of the synthesized compounds were screened for their antitumor activity.
Key wordsSubstifutedamino-purines Quartemization Antitumor activity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- El-Bayouki, Kh. A. M., Hammad, M., Osman, S. and Basyouni, W. M., Synthesis and quaternization of 5-amino-1-arylimidazole-4-carboxamides and their related imidazo-pyrazines.Oriental J. Chem., 2 45–50 (1986).Google Scholar
- El-Bayouki, Kh. A. M., El-Sayed, A. S. and Basyouni, W. M., Ethyl chloroformate/DMF in organic synthesis (I): A novel reagent for ring closure of 5-amino-1-aryl-4-imidazole carboxamides to their hypoxanthine derivatives.Gazzetta Chimica Italiana, 119, 163–165 (1989).Google Scholar
- El-Bayouki, Kh. A. M., Basyouni, W. M. and El-Sayed, M. M., Molluscicidal activity of newly synthesised triazolo- and tetrazolothiazolopyrimidines and related derivatives.Egypt. J. Bilharziasis, 12, 45–58 (1990).Google Scholar
- El-Merzabani, M. M., El-Aaser, A. A., Attia, M. A., El-Duweini, A. K. and Ghazal, A. M., Screening system for Egyptien plants with potential antitumor activity.J. Med. Plant. Res. (Planta Medica), 36, 150–155 (1979).Google Scholar
- Johannsen, F., Jargensen, A., El-Bayouki, Kh. A. M. and Pedersen, E., Phosphorus pentaoxide in organic organic synthesis XXVI: Preparation and alkylation of furo(2,3-d) pyrimidin-4-amines.Chemica Scripta, 26, 337–342 (1986).Google Scholar
- Kiyoto, I., Hajime, K. and Kiyoshi, I., 7-Hydroxyguanine compounds and their use as antitumor agents.European Patent Applied EP, 204,251 (1985);C.A. 106. 156161 (1987).Google Scholar
- Kozalka, G., Krentsky, T., Rideout, J. and Burns, C., Preparation of 9-β-2′-3′-dideoxyribofuranosylpurines for treatment and prophylaxix of human immunodeficiency virus infection.European Patent, EP 286,425 (1987);C.A., 111, 23910 (1989).Google Scholar
- Neiman, Z. and Bergman, F., Benzylation of 6-alkylthiopurines in aprotic solvents.Isracel J. Chem., 5, 243–245 (1967).Google Scholar
- Saito, T., Inous, I. and Fuji, T., Purines XLI: An alemative synthesis and the chemical behaviour of 7,9-dialkyladeninium salts.Chem. Pharm. Bull., 38(6), 1536–1547 (1990).Google Scholar
- Sen, A. and Sibbos, R., Synthesis of compounds related to 4(5)-aminoimidazole-5(4)-carboxamides: Part II.Ind. J. Chem., 14B, 222–225 (1976).Google Scholar