Production of antibody against saikosaponin a, an active component of bupleuri radix
- 55 Downloads
High titer rabbit polyclonal antibodies (pAbs) which show a specificity for saikosaponin a (SSA), have been generated. The immunogen used was a conjugate of SSA linked through its glucose moiety to bovine serum albumin by periodate oxidation method. The antibody titers obtained from two rabbits, innoculated with the immunogen, reached a plateau after the fourth and third booster injection, respectively. The specificity of the pAbs was determined by hapten inhibition assays using several SSA-like structures. SSA competitively inhibited the binding of the rabbit anti-SSA pAbs to SSA-ovalbumin on solid phase, a coated antigen on the well. The antibodies showed high specificity to SSA, exhibiting no significant cross-reactivity with any of SSA analogues tested.
Key wordsSaikosaponin a Polyclonal antibodies Periodate oxidation Hapten inhibition assay
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Akahori, A. and Kagawa, K., Quantitative determination of saikosaponins inBupleurum extract. II. Thin layer chromatographic separation of saikosaponins.Shoyakugaku Zasshi, 28, 122–126 (1974).Google Scholar
- Fujioka, N., Tanaka, A., Koyama, A., Hamamoto, Y., Namera, A., Yamasaki, K. and Kohda, H., Propagation ofBupleurum falcatum by shoot tip culture.Shoyakugaku Zasshi, 41, 308–312 (1987).Google Scholar
- Ishii, H., Nakamura, M., Seo, S., Tori, K., Tozuo, T., Yoshimura, Y., Isolation, characterization, and nuclear magnetic resonance spectra of new saponins from the roots ofBupleurum falcatum L.Chem. Pharm. Bull., 28, 2367–2383 (1980).Google Scholar
- Kimata, H., Fujimoto, N., Tanaka, O. and Miyazaki, Y., Separatory determination of saponins ofBupleuri Radix by dual wavelength thin layer chromatograph-densitometry and its application to the evaluation of roots of cultivatedBupleurum falcatum L.Shoyakugaku Zasshi, 34, 311–315 (1980).Google Scholar
- Terauchi, M., Kanamori, H., Sakamoto, I., Mochiike, A., Katoh, M. and Kohda, H., Simultaneous analysis of saikosaponin a, c, and d inBupleurum root by high-performance liquid chromatography.Shoyakugaku Zasshi, 47, 213–217 (1993).Google Scholar
- Uomori, A., Seo, S. and Tomita, Y., Studies on the constituents in tissue cultures ofBupleurum falcatum L.Shiyakugaku Zasshi, 28, 152–160 (1974).Google Scholar
- Yamamoto, M., Kumagai, A. and Yamamura, Y., Structure and action of saikosaponins isolated fromBupleurum falcatum L. I. Anti-inflammatory action of saikosaponins.Arzneim.-Forsch., 25, 1021–1023 (1975a).Google Scholar
- Yamamoto, M., Kumagai, A. and Yamamura, Y., Structure and action of saikosaponins isolated fromBupleurum falcatum L. II. Metabolic actions of saikosaponins, especially a plasma cholesterol-lowering action.Arzneim.-Forsch., 25, 1240–1243 (1975b).Google Scholar