Kinetic model of gas phase polymerization of 1,3-butadiene catalyzed by supported rare earth coordination system
Gas phase polymerization of 1,3-butadiene (Bd) catalyzed by supported rare earth coordination system is studied and a new kinetic model is proposed. Four elementary reactions or processes: the process of exposure and activation of potential active catalytic center, propagation, deactivation and chain transfer reaction to alkyl aluminum, are considered in this model. Some important parameters, such as monomer-consuming rate, are well expressed as the functions of macroscopic polymerization conditions such as pressure, temperature, and duration. The model can simulate the whole polymerization procedure satisfactorily.
Keywordsrare earth catalyst 1,3-butadiene gas phase polymerization kinetic modeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sylvester, G, Vernalekeu, H, Eur. Pat. Appl., EP647, 657.Google Scholar
- 6.Soares, J. B. P., Hamielec, A. E., General dynamic mathematical modelling of heterogeneous ziegler-Natta and metallocene catalyzed copolymerization with multiple site types and mass and heat transfer resistance, Polymer Reaction Engineering, 1995, 3(3): 261.Google Scholar
- 8.Pan, E., Zhong, C., Xie, D. et al., Determination of active-center concentration and kinetic study of some neodymium catalysts in the polymerization of butadiene, Acta Chimica Sinica (in Chinese), 1982, 40(4): 301; 40(5): 395.Google Scholar
- 9.Pan, E., Hu, J., Zhou, C., Kinetic study on the polymerization of butadiene with LnCl3-C3H50H-AlR.3 catalysts, Polymer Communications (in Chinese), 1985, (2): 125; (3): 161.Google Scholar
- 10.Tans, A.M.P., Chem, E. A. M. I., Compressibilities of n-butane, iso-butane and 1,3-butadiene, Industrial Chemist, 1964, (4): 196.Google Scholar