Compact DC-DC converter for pocket micro-controller systems
- 68 Downloads
Novel compact DC-DC converters for pocket micro-controller systems are discussed in the paper, which are based on switched capacitors and inductorless, consequently are more suitable for being hybridized. The new converters enable the pocket microcontroller system to be powered by only one +12V source, while +5V and −12V are converted from the +12V source. The basic principle, voltage ratio, efficiency and ripples are analysed. Experiment and SPICE simulation are also given, which show positive results.
KeywordsDC-DC converter switched capacitor micro-controler system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Singer Zet al. Power regulation by means of a switched capacitor. InProc. IEEE, Vol.119, pp. 149–153, 1972.Google Scholar
- Marusarz Ret al. A switched capacitor inductorless DC-to-AC voltage step-up power converters. InProc. IEEE. Power Electron. Spec. Conf. Rec., pp. 99–103, 1989.Google Scholar
- Cheong S Vet al. Development of power electronics converters based on switched capacitor circuits. InProc. IEEE Int’l Symp. Circuits and System, pp. 1907–1910, 1992.Google Scholar
- Liu Jian, Chen Zhiming, Zhong Yanru. An improved circuit for high performance DC-DC/AC converters. InIEEE TENCON’95 Proceedings, Hongkong, pp. 327–330, 1995.Google Scholar
- Liu Jian, Chen Zhiming, Zhong Yanru. High performance switched capacitor converters for pocket devices. InICPE’95 Proceedings, Korea, pp. 116–119, 1995.Google Scholar