Mechanism of the effect of guzhen recipe on regulating immune function in senile rats
- 16 Downloads
Objective: To explore the effect of Guzhen recipe, GZR) on mRNA expression of interleukin-2 (IL-2) and interleukin-6 (IL-6) in senile rats as well as the relationship between dehydroepi-androsterone (DHEA) and its sulfate (DHEAS) and the immune function regulation of GZR.Methods: Northern Blot and reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) were used to detect the mRNA expression of IL-2 and IL-6, meanwhile coating-antibody-counting method was used to detect DHEA(S) level in serum.Results: Compared with the young group, the splenocyte mRNA expression of IL-2 in senile rats was lowered and that of IL-6 was increased along with the decrease of serum DHEA(S) level. GZR, however, could improve the above indices in the senile rats.Conclusion: GZR might regulate the immune function of aged rats through increasing the serum level of DHEA(S).
Key WordsGuzhen recipe interleukin-2 mRNA interleukin-6 mRNA dehydroepiandrosterone (sulfate)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shanghai College of TCM. Basic knowledge of traditional Chinese medicine. 1st ed. Shanghai: Shanghai Science and Technology Press, 1978:14.Google Scholar
- 2.Zhang YZ, Yao SY, Zhao HJ, et al. Effects of Guzhen recipe on the immune function in senile rats. Academic Journal of Shanghai College of TCM 1990;4(1): 52–53.Google Scholar
- 3.Huang ZY, Zhao WK. Mechanism of the Effect of Guzhen Recipe on the transcription of IL-2 mRNA in immune suppressed mice. CJIM 1997; 17(suppl):231–234.Google Scholar
- 6.Sambrook J, Fritsch EF, Maniatis T. Molecular Cloning: A laboratory manual. 2nd ed. Translated by JIN Dongyan, LI Mengfeng. Beijing: Science Press, 1992:362–372.Google Scholar
- 7.Oste C. Polymerase chain reaction. Biotechnique 1988;6: 162–167.Google Scholar
- 10.Daynes RA. Alterai regulation of IL-6 production with normal aging. J Immunal 1993; 150(12): 5219–5230.Google Scholar
© The Chinese Journal of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine Press 2000