A simple method for detection of monoclonal isotypes
- 32 Downloads
A simple rapid method of enzyme labeled anti-isotype assay (ELIA) for detection of monoclonal isotype on hybridoma cells is proposed. This alternative method was first carried out on hybridoma cell lines 147C11 and 257C11 produced againstTrypanosoma cruzi and male accessory secretion ofPanstrongylus megistus, respectively. The monoclonal antibodies produced by these hybridoma were characterized by this method as IgM (147C11) and IgGl (257C23) isotypes, allowing evaluation of isotype without having to wait until the concentration of antibody present in the supernatant itself rises. Results were confirmed by Ouchterlony immunodiffusion. The proposed method offers the advantages of a permanent rapid procedure for light microscopy.
Index EntriesMonoclonal isotypes characterization of monoclonal isotypes monoclonal antibody
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Monjour, L., Berneman, A., Vouldoukis, I., Domurado, M., Guillemin, M.C., Chopin, C., Alfred, C., and Roseto, A. (1985),C. R. Acad. Sc. Paris 300, 395–398.Google Scholar
- 6.Nisonoff, A. (1982), InIntroduction to Molecular Immunology, Sinauer Associates, Inc., Sunderland, MA, pp. 161–172.Google Scholar
- 7.Ouchterlony, O. (1958), InProgress in Allergy (Kahlos, P., ed.), Karger, Basel, vol. 5, pp. 1–78.Google Scholar
- 11.Gomes, Y. M., Debons-Guillemin, M. C, Regis, L. N., Furtado, A. F., and Monjour, L. (1991),Mem. Inst. Oswaldo Cruz (Suppl. I)86, 229.Google Scholar
- 12.Regis, L. N., Furtado, A. F., Gomes, Y. M., and Monjour, L. (1990),Mem. Inst. Oswaldo Cruz (Suppl. I)85, 111.Google Scholar
- 13.Bourne, J. A. (1983), InHandbook of Imtnunoperoxidase Staining Methods, Immunochemistry Laboratory DAKO Corporation, pp. 6–37.Google Scholar