Efficient mining of association rules by reducing the number of passes over the database
- 42 Downloads
This paper introduces a new algorithm of mining association rules. The algorithm RP counts the itemsets with different sizes in the same pass of scanning over the database by dividing the database intom partitions. The total number of passes over the database is only (k+2m-2)/m, wherek is the longest size in the itemsets. It is much less thank.
Keywordsdata mining association rule itemset large itemset
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Agrawal R, Imielinski T, Swami A. Mining association rules between sets of items in large databases. InProc. the ACM SIGMOD Conference on Management of Data, Washington D.C., May 1993, pp.207–216.Google Scholar
- Sergey Brin, Rajeev Motwani, Jerry D. Ullmanet al. Dynamic itemset counting and implication rules for market basket data. InProceeding of the ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, Volume 26, 2 of SIGMOD 28 Record, New York, May 13–15 1997, ACM Press, pp.255–264.Google Scholar
- Agrawal r, Srikant R. Fast algorithms for mining association rules. InProc. the 20th Int. Conf. Very Large Databases, Santiago, Chile, Sept. 1994, pp.487–499.Google Scholar
- Charu C Agrawal, Philip S Yu. Mining large itemsets for association rules. InBulletin of the IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Data Engineering, March 1998, pp.23–31.Google Scholar
- Savasere A, Omiecinski E, Navathe S. An efficient algorithm for mining association rules in large database. InProceedings of the Very Large Data Base Conference, Zurich, September 1995, pp.432–444.Google Scholar
- Hannu Toivonen. Sampling large databases for association rules. InProceedings of 22nd International Conference on Very Large Data Bases, Mumbai, India, Sept. 1996, Morgan Kaufmann, pp.134–145.Google Scholar
- Mohammed Javeed Zaki, Srinivasan Parthasarathy, Wei Liet al. Evaluation of sampling for data mining of association rules. Technical Report 617, Computer Science Dept., U. Rochester, May 1996.Google Scholar
- Cheung D, Han J, Ng Vet al. Maintenance of discovered association rules in large databases: An incremental updating technique. InProc. 1996 Int. Conf. Data Engineering, New Orleans, Lousiana, USA, Feb. 1996, http://www.cs.hku.hk/~dcheungs/publication/icde96.psGoogle Scholar
- David W L Cheung, Lee S D, Benjamin Kao. A general incremental technique for maintaining discovered association rules. InProceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications, Melbourne, Australia, March 1997, pp.185–194.Google Scholar
- Shiby Thomas, Sreenath Bodagala, Khaled Alsabtiet al. An efficient algorithm for the incremental updating of association rules in large database. InProceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, 1997, pp.134–145.Google Scholar
- Charu C Agrawal, Philip S Yu. Oline generation of association rules. Technical Report RC 20899 (926090), IBM Research Division, T.J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY. June 1997.Google Scholar