Exploiting deterministic TPG for path delay testing
- 36 Downloads
Detection of path delay faults requires two-pattern tests. BIST technique provides a low-cost test solution. This paper proposes an approach to designing a cost-effective deterministic test pattern generator (TPG) for path delay testing. Given a set of pre-generated test-pairs with pre-determined fault coverage, a deterministic TPG is synthesized to apply the given test-pair set in a limited test time. To achieve this objective, configurable linear feedback shift register (LFSR) structures are used. Techniques are developed to synthesize such a TPG, which is used to generate an unordered deterministic test-pair set. The resulting TPG is very efficient in terms of hardware size and speed performance. Simulation of academic benchmark circuits has given good results when compared to alternative solutions.
Keywordsbuilt-in self-test (BIST) path delay testing deterministic TPG configurable LFSR
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Voyiatzis I, Paschalis A, Nikolos Det al. Accumulator-based BIST approach for stuck-open and delay fault testing. In Proc. IEEE European Design and Test Conf. (EURO DTC’95), 1995, pp. 432–435.Google Scholar
- Pilarski S, Pierzyriska A. BIST and delay fault detection. InProc. IEEE Int. Test. Conf. (ITC’93), 1993, pp.236–242.Google Scholar
- Furuya K, McClusky E J. Two-pattern test capability of autonomous TPG circuits. InProc. IEEE Int. Test Conf. (ITC’91), 1991, pp.704–711.Google Scholar
- Girard P, Landrault C, Moreda V, Pravossoudovitch S. An optimized BIST test pattern generator for delay testing. InProc. IEEE VLSI Test Symposium (VTS’97), 1997, pp.94–100.Google Scholar
- Li X, Cheung P Y S. Exploiting BIST approach for two-pattern testing. InProc. IEEE Asian Test Symposium (ATS’98), 1998, pp.424–429.Google Scholar
- Dufaza C, Zorian Y. On the generation of pseudo-deterministic two-pattern test sequence with LFSRs. InProc. IEEE European Design, and Test Conf. (EURO DTC’97), 1997, pp.69–76.Google Scholar
- Starke C W. Built-in test for CMOS circuits. InProc. IEEE Int. Test Conf. (ITC’84), 1984, pp.309–314.Google Scholar
- Wurth B, Fuchs K. A BIST approach to delay fault testing with reduced test length. InProc. IEEE European Design and Test Conf. (EURO DTC’95), 1995, pp.418–423.Google Scholar
- Zhang S, Byrne R, Miller D M. BIST generators for sequential faults. InProc. IEEE Int. Conf. Computer Design (ICCD’92), 1992, pp.260–263.Google Scholar
- Golomb S W, Welch L R, Goldstein R Met al. Shift Register Sequences. Aegean park Press, 1982.Google Scholar
- Brglez F, Bryan D, Kozminski K. Combinational profile of sequential benchmark circuits. InProc. IEEE Int. Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS’98), 1998, pp.1929–1934.Google Scholar