A new synchronization algorithm for VHDL-AMS simulation
- 75 Downloads
VHDL-AMS is the Analog and Mixed-Signal Extensions to VHDL. The paper gives a brief overview of the added features to VHDL. A mixed-signal simulator has been developed based on VHDL-AMS. A new synchronization algorithm is adopted in the simulator. Using the new algorithm the analog kernel does not need to synchronize the digital kernel at each digital event time point. The efficiency of the new synchronization algorithm is tested by examples. Simulation results show the newly developed algorithm can speed up the simulation.
Keywordssynchronization algorithm mixed-signal simulation VHDL-AMS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chuang C K, Harrison C G. Analogue behavioral modeling and simulation using VHDL and SABER-MAST.IEE Colloquium Computer and Control Division, 1994, pp.1/1–1/5.Google Scholar
- Dorado R, Rochette L. Hierarchical HDL-A: An advanced step towards VHDL-A. InElectronic Design Automation & Test Conference and Exhibition Conference Proceedings, 1995, pp.145–160.Google Scholar
- Binns R J, Hallam P, Mark B, Massara R. High-level design of analogue circuitry using an analogue hardware description language. Mixed-signal AHDL/VHDL Modeling and Synthesis IEE Colloquium, 1997 pp.3/1–3/8.Google Scholar
- DASC of IEEE Computer Society. IEEE Standard VHDL Analog and Mixed-Signal Extensions. New York, USA, IEEE Inc, 1999.Google Scholar
- Tahawy H Ei, Rodriguez D, Garicia-Sabiro S, Mayal J-J. VHDeLDO: A new mixed mode simulator. EURO DAC, 1993, pp.9/20–9/24.Google Scholar
- Henry Chaug. A top-down constraint-driven design methodology for analog integrated circuits. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston/London/Dordrecht, 1997, p.97.Google Scholar
- Zwoli’nski M, Garagate C, Zmrcarica T, Kazmierski J. Brown A D. Anatomy of a simulation backplane. InIEE Proc. Comput. Digit. Tech, Nov., 1995, 142 (6): 377–385.Google Scholar