Hierarchical geometric constraint model for parametric feature based modeling
- 32 Downloads
A new geometric constraint model is described, which is hierarchical and suitable for parametric feature based modeling. In this model, different levels of geometric information are represented to support various stages of a design process. An efficient approach to parametric feature based modeling is also presented, adopting the high level geometric constraint model. The low level geometric model such as B-reps can be derived automatically from the high level geometric constraint model, enabling designers to perform their task of detailed design.
KeywordsHierarchical geometric constraint model parametric design feature based modeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gossard D C, Zuffante R P, Sakurai H. Representing dimensions, tolerance, and features in MCAE systems.IEEE CG & A, 1988, 18(2): 51–59.Google Scholar
- Luby S C, Dixon J R, Simmon M K. Designing with features: Creating and using a feature data base for evaluation of manufacturability of castings. InProc. ASME Computers in Engineering Conference, 1986.Google Scholar
- Mearten J G M Van Emmerik. A system for graphical interaction on parametrized object. InProc. Eurographics'88, 1988.Google Scholar
- Mullins S H, Anderson D C. A positioning algorithm for mechanical assemblies with closed kinematic chains in three dimensions. InProc. 2nd ACM Solid Modeling'93, 1993.Google Scholar
- Kramer G. Using degrees of freedom analysis to solve geometric constraint systems. InProc. Symp. on Solid Modeling and CAD/CAM Application, ACM, Austin, 1991.Google Scholar
- Mantyla M. An Introduction to Solid Modeling. Computer Science Press, USA, 1988.Google Scholar