Fast algorithms of mining probability functional dependency rules in relational database
This paper defines a new kind of rule, probability functional dependency rule. The functional dependency degree can be depicted by this kind of rule. Five algorithms, from the simple to the complex, are presented to mine this kind of rule in different condition. The related theorems are proved to ensure the high efficiency and the correctness of the above algorithms.
Keywordsdata mining functional dependency relationship (FD) probability functional dependency rule (PFDR) relational database
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Tao Xiaopeng, Wang Ninget al. Mining functional dependency rule in relational database. In Methodologies for Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, LNAI 1574, Zhou Zhong (ed.), April 1999.Google Scholar
- Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro, William J Frawley (eds.). Knowledge Discovery in Databases. AAAI Press, 1993.Google Scholar
- Han Jiawei, Fu Yongjianet al. DBMiner: A system for mining knowledge in large relational databases. InProc. 1996 Int. Conf. Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery (KDD’96), Portland, Oregon, August 1996, pp.250–255.Google Scholar
- Han J, Fu Yet al. DBMiner: Interactive mining of multiple-level knowledge in relational databases. InProc. 1996 ACM-SIGMOD Int. Conf. Management of Data (SIGMOD’96), Montreal, Canada, June 1996.Google Scholar
- Agrawal R, Shim K. Developing tightly-coupled data mining applications on a relational database system. InProc. the 2nd Int. Conf. Knowledge Discovery in Databases and Data Mining, Portland, Oregon, August 1996.Google Scholar
- Srikant R, Agrawal R. Mining quantitative association rules in large relational tables. InProc. the ACM SIGMOD Conference on Management of Data, Montreal, Canada, June 1996.Google Scholar