Research and design of a fuzzy neural expert system
- 18 Downloads
We have developed a fuzzy neural expert system that has the precision and learning ability of a neural network. Knowledge is acquired from domain experts as fuzzy rules and membership functions. Then, they are converted into a neural network which implements fuzzy inference without rule matching. The neural network is applied to problem-solving and learns from the data obtained during operation to enhance the accuracy. The learning ability of the neural network makes it easy to modify the membership functions defined by domain experts. Also, by modifying the weights of neural networks adaptively, the problem of belief propagation in conventional expert systems can be solved easily. Converting the neural network back into fuzzy rules and membership functions helps explain the inner representation and operation of the neural network.
KeywordsData interpretation fuzzy neural network expert sysyem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Wang Shijun, Shan Yuqiu, Wang Shulin. Research and design of a multi-level interpretation expert system. InProceedings of the Third International Conference on Computers for Young Scientists, Beijing, 1993.Google Scholar
- Kawamura A, Watanabe N, Okada H, Asakawa K. A prototype of neuro-fuzzy cooperation system. InProceedings of the International Conference on Fuzzy Logic & Neural Networks, U.S.A., 1992, pp. 1284–1291.Google Scholar
- Rumelhart D Eet al. Learning internal representation by error propagation. Parellel distributed processing in the microstructures of cognition. MIT Press, 1986.Google Scholar
- Zadel L A. The role of fuzzy logic in the management of uncertainty in expert systems. Approximate Reasoning in Expert Systems, Gupta M M, Knadel A, Bandler W, Kiszka F B (eds.), 1985.Google Scholar
- Lin C T, Lee C S G. Real-time supervised structure/parameter learning for fuzzy neural network. InProceedings of the International Conference on Fuzzy Logic & Neural Networks, U.S.A., 1992, pp. 1284–1291.Google Scholar