Observation of the preventive and therapeutic effect of Chuanxiong on the atherosclerosis of rabbits
- 27 Downloads
The authors established experimental atherosclerosis in rabbits by means of combining hyperlipidemia and repeatedly administered intravenously with serum of other origins to make the immunopathologic injuries of arterial endothelia in order to observe the preventive and therapeutic effects of Chuanxiong on experimental atherosclerosis. The authors observed that Chuanxiong could significantly decrease the levels of the serum cholesterol and low density lipoprotein (P<0.05), and relieve the extent of atherosclerosis (P<0.05). In addition, Chuanxiong could reduce the red cell deformability. This study suggests that Chuanxiong plays an active role in preventive and therapeutic effect on atherosclerosis.
Key wordsrabbits atherosclerosis red cell deformability Chuanxiong
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.1992; 13(4):381.Google Scholar
- 2.1980: 234.Google Scholar
- 3.Titus JL, et al. Blood vessels and lymphatics. In: Kissan JM eds. Anderson’s Pathology, Vol. 1, ed. 9, U.S.A.: the C.V. Mosby Company, 1990:751.Google Scholar
- 4.1989; 9(10): 587.Google Scholar
- 6.1985; 16(3): 41.Google Scholar
- 7.1980; 60:623.Google Scholar
- 8.1987; 7:41.Google Scholar
- 9.1990; 10(9): 543.Google Scholar
- 10.1991; 12: 153.Google Scholar