A topology designing system for a computer network
- 36 Downloads
In this paper, some problems on the topology design of network are discussed. An exact formula to calculate the delay of a line will be provided. In the design, the key problem is how to find some efficient heuristic algorithms. To solve this problem, a nonliner-discrete-capacity assignment heuristic and a hybrid perturbation heuristic are suggested. Then, a practical CAD system which helps design the topology of network will be introduced.
KeywordsTopology network delay
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Mischa Shwartz. Communication Network Design and Analysis. Englewood Cliffs (ed.), Prentice-Hall, N.J., 1977.Google Scholar
- Nagle John B. On packet switches with infinite storage.IEEE Trans. on Communications, 1987, COM-35(4).Google Scholar
- Bezalel Gavish, Irina Neuman. A system for routing and capacity assignment in computer communication networks.IEEE Trans. on Communications, 1989, COM-37(4).Google Scholar
- Charles Knessl. Two parallel M/G/1 queues where arrivals join the system with the smaller buffer content.IEEE Trans. on Communications, 1987, COM-35(11).Google Scholar
- Tropper C. Priorities and performance in packet switching networks.Computer Networks and ISDN Systems, 1986, 12(2).Google Scholar
- Bakry S H, BEI-Redaisy, MAL-Turaigi. Computer simulation of a packet switching computer network.Computer Communications, 1988, 11(3).Google Scholar
- Kershenbaum Aet al. MENTOR: An algorithm for mesh network topological optimization and routing.IEEE Trans. on Communications, 1991, COM-39(4).Google Scholar
- Thilakam R K, J Ashok, The design and flow control of a high speed integrated packet switched network.Computer Networks and Systems, 1992, 25(3).Google Scholar