Information model for product modeling
- 23 Downloads
The Key problems in product modeling for integrated CAD//CAM systems are the information structures and representations of products. They are taking more and more important roles in engineering neplications. With the investigation on engineering product information andfrom the view point of industrial process, in this paper, the information models are proposed and the definitions of the framework of product information are given. And then, the integration and the consistence of product information are discussed by introducing the entity and its instance. As a summary, the information structures described in this paper have many advantages and natures helpful in engineering design.
KeywordsUser Model Product Information Information Model Geometric Representation Structural Entity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brad Smith and Joan Wellington, Initial Graphics Exchange Specification [IGES], Version 3.0. U. S. Department of Commerce, National Technical Information Service, 1986.Google Scholar
- Kunwoo Lee and David C Gossard, A hierarchical data structure for representing assemblies: Part 1.CAD, 1985, 17(1), 15–18.Google Scholar
- Marti Mantyla, Introduction to Solid Modelling, Computer Science Press, 1988.Google Scholar
- Fumihiko Kimura, Shinji Kawabe and Toshio Sata, A study on product mod elling for integration of CAD/CAM. InIntegration of CAD/CAM, Elsevier Science Publishers B. V., North Holland, IFIP, 1984, 227–247.Google Scholar
- H. C. G. Spur, Computer internal representation of products for the integration of design and technological planning. InIntegration of CAD/CAM, Elsevier Science Publishers B. V., North Holland, IFIP, 1984, 79–105.Google Scholar
- H. Grabowski,et al., DICAD — A CAD system for geometric product modelling, CAD System Framework, North Holland Publishing Company, IFIP, 1983, 125–150.Google Scholar
- Guofang Jiao, Study and Development of CAD Environment for Product Modelling. Ph. D Dissertation, ICT, A. S., P. R. China.Google Scholar