The THUDSOS distributed operating system
- 15 Downloads
The THUDSOS is a distributed operating system modeled as an abstract machine which provides decentralized control, transparency, availability, and reliability, as well as a good degree of autonomy at each node, that makes our distributed system usable. Our operating system supports transparent access to data through network wide filesystem. The simultaneous access to any device is discussed for the case when the peripherals are treated as files. This operating system allows spawning of parallel application programs to solve problems in the fields, such as numerical analysis and artificial intelligence.
KeywordsRequest Service Critical Section Request Message Concurrency Control Shared File
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Jin Lanet al., THUDS: A Highly Available Distributed Computer System. Proceeding of the 6th IFAC Workshop on Distributed Computer Control System, May 1985.Google Scholar
- Wirth, N., Modula-2, ETH March 1980.Google Scholar
- Jin Lanet al., Virtual Resource System Analysis for Resource Management in Fault-Tolerant Distributed Computer Systems. The Second International Conference on Computers and Applications, Beijing, People's Republic of China, June 1987.Google Scholar
- Liao Xianzhi, Kumar Perera and Jin Lan, A fault-tolerant file management algorithm in distributed computer system THUDS,J. of Computer Science & Technology,4: 1 (1989).Google Scholar
- Dasgupta P., LeBlanc, R. J. & Appelbe, W. F., The Clouds Distributed Operating System: Function Distributed Implementation Details and Related Work. Proc. of the 8th International Conference on Distributed Computing System, 1988.Google Scholar
- Shimizu K., Naekawa M. and Hamano J., Hierarchical Object Group in Distributed Operating System. Proc. of the 8th International Conference on Distributed Computing System. 1988.Google Scholar
- Wittie L. D. and Tilbog A. M., MICROS. A distributed operating system for MICRONET, a reconfigurable network computer.,IEEE Trans. Computers,C-29: 12 (1980).Google Scholar
- Walker B.et al., The LOCUS distributed operating system.ACM Operating System Review,17: 5 (1983).Google Scholar
- Shatz S. M. and Jia-Ping Wang. Introduction to distributed-software engineering.,Computer,20: 10 (1987).Google Scholar
- Natarajan, A distributed synchronization scheme for communicating processes.The Computer Journal,2: 2 (1986).Google Scholar
- Liao Xianzhi and Jin Lan, A mechanism supporting the client/server relationship in the operating system of distributed system “THUDS”.,J. of Comput. Sci. & Technol.,6:3 (1991).Google Scholar