New multipole method for 3-D capacitance extraction
- 30 Downloads
This paper describes an efficient improvement of the multipole accelerated boundary element method for 3-D capacitance extraction. The overall relations between the position of 2-D boundary elements are considered instead of only the relations between the center-points of the elements, and a new method of cube partitioning is introduced. Numerical results are presented to demonstrate that the method is accurate and has nearly linear computational growth asO(n), wheren is the number of panels/boundary elements. The proposed method is more accurate and much faster than Fastcap.
Keywords3-D interconnect parasitic capacitance extraction IBEM (indirect boundary element method) electronic design automation parasitic parameter extraction VLSI simulation verification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Nabors K, White J, Fastcap: A multipole accelerated 3-D capacitance extraction program.IEEE Trans. CAD, Nov. 1991, 10(11): 1447–1459.Google Scholar
- Wang Z, Yuan Y, Wu Q. A parallel multipole accelerated 3-D capacitance simulator based on an improved model.IEEE Trans. CAD, 1996, 15(12): 1441–1450.Google Scholar
- Yang Zhaozhi, Wang Zeyi. A virtual 3-D multipole accelerated extractor for VLSI parasitic interconnect capacitance. InASP-DAC 2001, Yokohama, Japan, Jan. 2001, pp.214–217.Google Scholar
- Greengard L, Rokhlin V. The rapid evaluation of potential fields in three dimensions.Vortex Methods in Lecture Notes in Mathematics 1360, Springer Verlag, 1988, pp.121–141.Google Scholar
- Yang Z, Wang Z. A virtual 3-D fast extractor for interconnect capacitance of multiple dielectrics.Microelectronic Engineering, January, 2003, 65(1/2):Google Scholar
- Shi W, Liu J, Kakani N, Yu T. A fast hierarchical algorithm for three-dimensional capacitance extraction.IEEE Trans. CAD of IC and System, March, 2002, 21(3): 330–336.Google Scholar