Forward-backward search method
- 91 Downloads
In order to simulate the process of man’s “thinking forward and backward”, this paper describes a new search method-forward-backward search. The relationship between this search method and two others, namely, statespace search and problem-reduction search, is also discussed. Some examples of using forward-backward search are given, from which the characteristics and efficiency of this method can be seen.
KeywordsSearch Method Reasoning Rule Winning State Geometry Theorem Expand Operation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Bundy, AI: An Introductory Course, Edinburgh University Press, 1978.Google Scholar
- N.J. Nilsson, Problem-Solving Methods in Artificial Intelligence. New York: McGraw-Hill. 1971.Google Scholar
- N.J. Nilsson, Principles of Artificial Intelligence, Palo Alto, Calif. Tioga 1980.Google Scholar
- P.H. Winston and B.K.P. Horn, LISP. Addison-Wesley 1981.Google Scholar
- M. Gardner, Graphs that can help cannibals, missionaries, wolves, goats and cabbages get there from here,Scientific American,242:3(1980).Google Scholar
- J.H. Conway, On Numbers and Games, Academic Press, 1976.Google Scholar
- Zhou Guodong and Ye Canlin, Going forward-retreating search method, CAAI-2, 1981,Journal of AI (China), 3(1982).Google Scholar
- Zhou Guodong and Ye Ganlin, Proving Geometry Theorems Using Going Forward-Retreating Search Method, The First Conference on AI, Held by AI Group of CCA. 1982, 4.Google Scholar