The optimization of distributed join in C-POREL system
- 10 Downloads
C-POREL is a distributed relational data base management system, with full distribution transparency. A relation can be horizontally fragmented into several subrelations allocated to different sites. When two or more fragmented relations appear in a join query, many-to-many semijoins between correspondent relations are usually needed in order to fully reduce relations involved. Distribution dependent attributes of a relational schema are defined in this paper. An optimization approach of distributed join which decreases the amount of transmission data by avoiding many-to-many semijoins is given.
KeywordsQuery Processing Transaction Manager Relational Database System Distribute Database System Logical Architecture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. T. Yu, C. C. Chang, Distributed queries processing,Computing Surveys, 12(1984).Google Scholar
- A. R. Hevner and S. B. Yao, Query processing in distributed database systems,IEEE-TSE, SE-5: 3(1982).Google Scholar
- L. X. Zhou, The design and implementation of a distributed relational database system: C-POREL,Scientia Sinica(A), 1(1985).Google Scholar
- Hopping Jin, Query Processing Strategies and Optimization, Ms. thesis of East China Normal Univ., March 1986.Google Scholar
- J. Gu and D. Lu, Horizontal distribution of relations in distributed relational database systems and its implementation,Computer Engineering, 2(1984).Google Scholar