Effect of intersettling spacing on sugarcane yield and quality
- 102 Downloads
An experiment was conducted with 5ft inter row spacing to find out optimum inter settling spacing for polybag planting during preseason season of 2001–2002 at Vasantdada Sugar Institute’s farm at Manjari. The results indicated that the cane yield was significantly increased by 17.48 t/ha in 60 cm inter settling spacing as compared to control (106.65 t/ha) in five feet wider row spacing. The significant rise in sucrose content in the juice leads to significant rise in CCS % in 5 ft inter row spacing with 60 cm inter settling spacing (14.25) as compared to two budded set planting (13.37). The multiple regression analysis showed that contribution of germination / survival percent is highest (81.33%) followed by tiller ratio at 120 DAP (64.49%) and plant population at harvest (62.49%) for the cane yield.
KeywordsSugarcane intersettling spacing yield prediction model cane yield and juice quality
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Joshi, Snehal, Zende, N. A, Bendigeri, A. V. and Hapase D. G. (1993). A short note on the scope of STP technique in Maharashtra. 43rd Ann. Conv. of D.S.T.A, held at Pune, Part I, A 21–A 31.Google Scholar
- Joshi, Snehal and Zende, N. A. (1998). Biofertilizers and organic manures in Sugarcane Spaced Transplanting method (van Co 7527). 60th annual convention of S.T.A.I., A105–A113.Google Scholar
- Joshi, Snehal, Ghule, B. S., Zende, N. A. and Jadhav, S. B. (1998). Performance of polybag settling transplanting in sugarcane at Chhatrapati S.S.K., Bhavaninagar. 48th Ann. Conv. of D.S.T.A. A 97–A 100.Google Scholar
- Lakshmikantham, M., Rao, G. N., Rao, P. N. and Rao, P. V. N. (1970). Studies on crop logging in sugarcane. Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University, pp 17–18.Google Scholar
- Spencer, G. L. and Meade, C. P. (1964). Cane Sugar Handbook, 9th edition, John Willey and Sons, JNC New York.Google Scholar
- Thirunavukkasu, M., Velayutham, M. andSelvaraj, C. (1997). Better management practices in sugarcane for high yield and high sugar recovery in heavy clay soils. SISSTA Sugar Journal, 22: 15–18.Google Scholar