On simulatingD — distributions
This paper presents a new method for numerical simulation ofD — distributions and the corresponding algorithm.
For numerical generating of random variable havingD — distribution we mixed two random variables, one having gamma distribution and the second having an exponential type distribution.
Also we present some methods for generating of random variable having gamma distribution in two different cases, when the parameter is greater than one and when the parameter is between 0 and 1(0<λ<1).
The numerical results and the histogram of generating dates are also presented.
KeywordsD — distributions substitution sampling acceptance-rejection algorithm gamma distribution simulation tehniques
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Devroye, L. (1986),Non-Uniform Random Variate Generation, Springer-Verlag, Berlin.Google Scholar
- Ermakov E.S. (1972),Monte Carlo method and Related Questions, (russian) Pub. House Nauka, Moskow.Google Scholar
- Damien, P., Laud, P.W. and Smith, A.F.M. (1995),Random variate generation approximating infinitely divisible distributions with application to Bayesian inference, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B, 57, 547–564.Google Scholar
- Smith, A.F.M. and Roberts, G.O. (1993),Bayesian computation via the Gibbs sampler and related Markov chain Monte Carlo methods, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B, 55, 3–23.Google Scholar
- Vaduva, I. (1977),Simulation Models with Computer, (Romanian, English Summary), Technical Publ. House, Bucharest.Google Scholar
- Vaduva, I. (1994),Fast algorithms for computer generation of random vectors used in reliability and applications, FB Mathematik, Preprint-Nr. 1603, Januar 1994.Google Scholar