Alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma: A case report with electron-microscopic findings
A CASE is presented of perineal alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma in a boy, three and a half years of age. No cross-striations were demonstrated by light microscopy, but the myomatous nature of the tumour was confirmed by electron microscopy. It is suggested that, where available, electron microscopy can be of help in certain problems in surgical pathology.
KeywordsRhabdomyosarcoma Elastic Fibre Synovial Sarcoma Angiosarcoma IRISH Journal
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Enterline, H. T. and Horn, R. C. 1958. Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma. Amer. J. clin. Path. 29, 356–366.Google Scholar
- Evans, R. W. 1966. Histological appearances of tumours. 2nd Ed. E. & S. Livingstone Ltd., Edinburgh & London. P. 56.Google Scholar
- Horvat, B. L., Caines, M., Fisher, E. R. 1970. The ultrastructure of rhabdomyosarcoma. Amer. J. clin. Path, 53, 555–564.Google Scholar
- Riopelle, J. L., Theriault, J. P. 1956. Sur une forme méconnue de sarcome des parties molles; le rhabdomyosarcome alveolaire. Ann. Anat. path. 1, 88–111. Cited by Horn and Enterline (1958).Google Scholar
- Rosai, J., Rodriguez, H. A. 1968. Application of electron microscopy to the differential diagnosis of tumours. Amer. J. clin. Path. 50, 555–562.Google Scholar