DKBLM — Deep knowledge based learning methodology
To solve the Imperfect Theory Problem (ITP) faced by Explanation Based Generalization (EBG), this paper proposes a methodology, Deep Knowledge Based Learning Methodology (DKBLM) by name, and gives an implementation of DKBLM, called Hierarchically Distributed Learning System (HDLS). As an example of HDLS's application, this paper shows a learning system (MLS) in meteorology domain and its running with a simplified example.
DKBLM can acquire experiential knowledge with causality in it. It is applicable to those kinds of domains, in which experiments are relatively difficult to carry out, and in which there exist many available knowledge systems at different levels for the same domain (such as weather forecasting).
KeywordsMachine learning explanation based learning deep knowledge
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. DeJong and R.Mooney, Explanation-based learning: an alternative view. Tech. Rep. UILU-ENG-86-2208, 1986.Google Scholar
- S.Rajamoney, G.DeJong and B.Faltings, Towards a model of conceptual knowledge acquisition through directed experimentation. IJCAI-85, 1985, pp.688–690.Google Scholar
- S.Rajamoney, The classification, detection and handling of imperfect theory problems. IJCAI-87, 1987, pp.205–207.Google Scholar
- B.Silver, Learning equation solving methods from examples. IJCAI-83, 1983, pp. 429–431.Google Scholar
- S.Salzberg, Heuristics for inductive learning. IJCAI-85, 1985, pp.603–609.Google Scholar
- P.Winston, Artificial Intelligence. Addison-Wesley, 1977.Google Scholar
- J.Carbonell, Experimental learning in analogical problem solving. AAAI-82, 1982, pp. 168–171.Google Scholar
- J.Carbonell, Learning by analogy, formulating and generalizing plans from past experience. InMachine Learning, Ed. by R.Michalski, J.Carbonell and T.Mitchell Vol. 1, Springer-Verlag, 1984.Google Scholar
- Z.Ma and W.Zou, On the levels of knowledge and deep knowledge. Proc. of Int'l. Conf. for Young Computer Scientists, 1991, Beijing, pp.442–445.Google Scholar
- R.Michalski, J.Carbonell and T.Mitchell (Ed.), Machine Learning, Vol.1. Springer-Verlag, 1984.Google Scholar
- Z.ma, R.Zhao and F.Su, A representation for time and inference on persistence with uncertainty in weather forecast. Proc. of Int'l. Conf. on Next Generation Computing Systems, 1989, Beijing, pp.22–26.Google Scholar