Performance of multicast communication on hypercubes
- 11 Downloads
Based upon hypercube multiprocessor systems, this paper analyses in detail the communication performance under the background of the greedy multicast algorithm GMA. The mean delay time of a message both at a node and in the system under multicasting is derived. For the sake of contrast, the delay of multicast message is compared with that of multiple one-to-one messages.
KeywordsHypercubes message passing multicasting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Beguelin and D. J. Vasicak, Communication between nodes of a hypercube. Hypercube Multiprocessors 1987 Proceedings. (Michael T. Heath ed). SIAM, 1987.Google Scholar
- T. H. Dunigan, Hypercube performance. Hypercube Multiprocessors 1987 Proceedings (Michael. T. Heath ed.), SIAM, 1987.Google Scholar
- L. M. Ni, C. T. King and Prins, Parallel algroithm design considerations for hypercube multiprocessors, Proc. of the Int'l Conf. on Parallel Processing, 1987, pp. 717–720.Google Scholar
- M. J. Quinn, Designing Efficient Algorithms for Parallel Computers. McGraw-Hill, Inc. 1987.Google Scholar
- Y. Saad and M. H. Schultz, Topological properties of hypercubes. Res. Report YALEU/DCS/RR-389, Dept. of Computer Science, Yale University, 1985.Google Scholar