CCD: An integrated C coding and debugging tool
- 15 Downloads
CCD is an integrated software tool which is intended to support the coding and debugging for C language. It integrates a hybrid editor, an incremental semantic analyzer, a multi-entry parser, an incremental unparser and a source-level debugger into a single tool. The integration is realized by sharing common knowledge among all the components of the system and by task-oriented combination of the components. Nonlocal attribute grammar is adopted for specifying the common knowledge about the syntax and semantics of C language. The incremental attribute evaluation is used to implement the semantic analyzer and the unparser to increase system efficiency. CCD keeps the preprocessors and comments most regular to make it practical.
KeywordsIntegrated language-based programming environment nonlocal attribute grammar semantic tree incremental attribute evaluation syntax-directed editting semantic analyzing source-level debugging
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. Fischer, G. Johson, J. Mauney, A. Pal and D. Stock, The Poe Language Based Project. ACM SIGSOFT/SIGPLAN Symposium on Practical Software Development Environments, Apr. 1984.Google Scholar
- A. Habermann and D. Notkin, The Gandalf Software Development Environment. TR, CMU, Jan. 1982.Google Scholar
- J. Horgan and D. Moore, Techniques for Improving Language-Based Environment.ACM SIGPLAN Notice, 1984, 19 (5).Google Scholar
- T. Teitelbaum and T. Reps, The Cornell Program Synthesizer: A Syntax-Directed Programming Environment.CACM, 1981, 24 (9).Google Scholar
- J. Qian, X. Jia, F. Zhang and Q. Lu, FPE: An Incremental Programming Environment. Proc. of COMPSAC-11. Oct. 1987.Google Scholar
- R. Waters, Program editors should not abandon text oriented commands.ACM SIGPLAN Notice, 1982, 17 (7).Google Scholar
- G. Johson and C. Fischer, A Meta-language and System for Nonlocal Incremental Attribute Evaluation in Language-Based Editors. 12h POPL Conf. 1985.Google Scholar
- A. Demers, A Rogers and I. Zadeck, Attribute propagation by message passing.ACM SIGPLAN Notice, 1985, 20 (7).Google Scholar
- T. Reps, C. Mareau and T. Teitebaum, Remote Attribute Updating for Language-Based Editors. 13th POPL Conf. 1986.Google Scholar
- Y. Zheng and J. Qian, Incremental Nonlocal Attribute Evaluation in Language-Based Interactive Programming Environment. 2nd Int'l. Conf. on Computers and Applications, July, 1987.Google Scholar