Treatment of levodopa-induced dyskinesia
- 106 Downloads
KeywordsLevodopa Clozapine Deep Brain Stimulation Quetiapine Amantadine
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
References and Recommended Reading
- 3.Of importance Rao J:Neurochemistry of nigral degeneration. InHandbook of Parkinson’s Disease. Edited by Pahwa R, Lyons KE. New York: Futura; 2007: In press. A review of molecular mechanisms that may make the ventral tier of dopaminergic neurons of substantia nigra pars compacta more vulnerable to degeneration than the ventral tegmental area dopaminergic neurons.Google Scholar
- 4.Of major importance Rao J:Neurochemistry of Parkinson’s disease. InParkinson’s Disease and Related Disorders. Handbook of Clinical Neurology Series. Edited by Koller WC, Malamed E. New York: Elsevier; 2007: In Press. A detailed discussion of neurochemical changes in dopaminergic and nondopaminergic systems in PD.Google Scholar
- 25.Rajput AH:Amantadine ameliorates levodopa induced dyskinesia.Neurology 1997, 48:A328.Google Scholar
- 28.Of major importance Zanettini R:Valvular heart disease and the use of dopamine agonists for Parkinson’s disease.N Engl J Med 2007, 356:39–46. The link between ergot-derived dopamine agonists and their causal relationship with cardiac valvular disease is reinforced with additional cases.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 33.Of major importance Pahwa R:Practice parameter: treatment of Parkinson disease with motor fluctuations and dyskinesia (an evidence-based review): report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology.Neurology 2006, 66:983–995. An evidence-based review of medical and surgical treatment of dyskinesia and motor fluctuations.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
© Current Medicine Group LLC 2007