Representation varieties of arithmetic groups and polynomial periodicity of Betti numbers
- 64 Downloads
We give a method of studying character varieties of arithmetic groups with an application to polynomial periodicity of Betti numbers of manifolds in congruence towers.
KeywordsNormal Subgroup BETTI Number Closed Subgroup Finite Index Open Subgroup
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [GrSc1] M. Gromov and R. Schoen,Harmonic maps into singular spaces and p-adic superrigidity for lattices in groups of rank one, preprint.Google Scholar
- [Hir1] E. Hironaka,Polynomial periodicity for Betti numbers of covering surfaces, preprint.Google Scholar
- [LM1] A. Lubotzky and A. Magid,Varieties of representations of finitely generated groups, Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society58 no. 336 (1985).Google Scholar
- [Rag1] M. S. Raghunathan,Discrete Subgroups of Lie Groups, Ergebnisse (Band 68), Springer-Verlag, New York, 1991.Google Scholar
- [SarAd1] P. Sarnak and S. Adams,Betti numbers of congruence groups, Israel Journal of Mathematics, this issue, pp. 31–72.Google Scholar
© Hebrew University 1994