Clinical Study on treatment of mid-late stage gastric carcinoma by compound Xiansu capsule ( Open image in new window ) combined with chemotherapy) combined with chemotherapy
- 17 Downloads
Objective: To assess the effect and mechanism of compound Xiansu capsule ( Open image in new window ), (XSC) combined with chemotherapy in treating gastric carcinoma of mid-late stage.Methods: Sixty-one patients of the test group were treated by XSC combined with chemotherapy and 30 patients of the control group treated with chemotherapy alone. The effect of treatment and cell mediated immunity of patients were observed.Results: The effective rate of the test group and the control group was 32.8% and 13.3% respectively (P < 0.05), the toxic reaction occurrence caused by chemotherapy was less in the former than that in the latter group (P < 0.01). The CD8 level of patients in the test group decreased, and CD4/CD8 level was raised obviously, which suggested that XSC had immuno-regulating effect on T-cell.Conclusion: XSC could enhance the efficacy and reduce the toxic and side-effect of chemotherapy. To regulate the cell mediated immunity of patients is possibly its mechanism.
Key Wordscompound Xiansu capsule chemotherapy T-lymphocyte subset gastric carcinoma
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.National Tumor Prevention and Treatment Office, National Association of Anti-Cancer Co-edited. “Chinese common malignant tumor standard of diagnosis and treatment”, the fourth fascicle, 2nd edition. Beijing: Beijing Medical University and Chinese Union Medical University United Press, 1991:14–50.Google Scholar
- 2.Sun Y, Zhou JC, chief edited. Clinical tumor medical handbook. 3rd edition. Beijing: People’s Health Publishing House, 1996:24.Google Scholar
- 3.Jiangsu New Medical College, chief edited. Chinese drugs dictionary. Shanghai: Shanghai Science and Technology Press, 1986:34.Google Scholar
- 4.Shen ZQ, Sun JX, Huang LX. Astragalus in treating selective immunoglobin A deficiency. New Drug and Clinical 1997;16(4):246.Google Scholar
- 5.Ding HZ, Yang LY. Application of Ginseng Astragalus decoction in the hepatic artery ligation and embolization in treating mid-late stage liver cancer. CJITWM 1994;14(suppl): 302.Google Scholar
- 6.Berghella AM, Barni S, Robin T, et al. Progression mechanisms in gastric or colon cancer: soluble interleukin-2 (IL-2) receptor, IL-2 plus anti-CD3 proliferative response and tumor stage correlation. Cancer Immunol 1994; 38(3):160.Google Scholar