Spherical shells as obstructions for the extension of holomorphic mappings
In this paper we study the extension properties of holomorphic and meromorphic maps into complex manifolds that carry a pluriclosed Hermitian metric. For example, any compact, complex surface admits such a metric. We prove that the only obstructions for the Hartogs-type extendability of holomorphic maps are spherical shells and rational curves.
Math Subject Classification32D15
Key Words and PhrasesHolomorphic extension spherical shell
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [B] Bourbaki, N. Algebre. Livre II. 1954.Google Scholar
- [Ga3] Gauduchon, P. Les metriques standard d'une surface complexe a premien nombre de Betti pair. Asterisque, no. 126. Soc. Math. France, pp. 129–135 (1985).Google Scholar
- [Iv3] Ivashkovich, S. Rational curves and extensions of holomorphic mappings. In: Proceedings of the AMS Summer Research Institute on Several Complex Variables and Complex Geometry 1989. Proc. Symp. Pure Math.52, 93–104 (1991).Google Scholar
- [Iv4] Ivashkovitch, S. The Hartogs-type extension theorem for meromorphic maps into compact Kähler manifolds. Invent. Math., to appear.Google Scholar
- [Ka] Kato, M. Compact complex manifolds containing “global spherical shells”, I. Proc. Int. Symp. Alg. Geom., pp. 45–84, Kyoto: Kinokuniya Book Store Co., Ltd. 1977.Google Scholar