Clinical observation of kaixin capsule in treating type 2 diabetes mellitus complicated with abnormal lipidemia
- 19 Downloads
To observe the clinical efficacy of Kaixin Capsule (KXC), a Chinese compound preparation, in treating type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM) complicated with abnormal lipidemia.
Seventy-two DM inpatients were medicated on the basis of administering conventional hypoglycemics, and KXC was orally taken. They were compared with those patients only taking hypoglycemics to observe the change of blood lipid before and after treatment.
The total cholesterol of KXC combined with hypoglycemics group had their blood lipid lowered by 14% after treatment and triglyceride lowered by 36%, HDL-C raised by 11 % , and LDL-C lowered by 24% . Compared with only hypoglycemics treatment, there was significant difference (p <0.01).
KXC has good blood lipid regulating effect on DM complicated with abnormal lipidemia.
Key wordsKaixin Capsule type 2 diabetes mellitus abnormal lipidemia clinical efficacy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- l.Fang Q, Wang ZL, Ning TH, et al. Suggestions on abnormal lipidemia. Chin J Cardiovas Dis 1997;25(3): 169–170.Google Scholar
- 2.Randomized trial cholesterol lowering in 4444 patients with coronary heart diseases: the Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study (4s). Lancet 1994;344:1383 – 1389.Google Scholar
- 3.Xuej, LUO XX, Chen JH. Effect of Chinese medicine on ischemic myocardium and insulin level of DM rats. China Chin Med Emerg 1998;7(6):269–271.Google Scholar
- 4.Xue J, Luo XX, Chen JH. Effect of Kaixin capsule on ischemic myocardium and insulin level of DM rats. New Chin Med 1999;631(6):34–35.Google Scholar
- 5.Xue J, Luo XX, Chen JH. Effect of Kaixin capsule on hemorrheology of experimental DM complicated with myocardial ischemia. Chin Med New Drug Clin Pharmacol 1999; 10(6):349–351.Google Scholar
- 6.Hua SG, Yin CL, Liu SM, et al. Clinical observation on Yiqi Yangyin Huayu decoction in treating 200 DM patients. Prac Integ Chin West Med 1997;10(15): 1439–1440.Google Scholar
- 7.Xu LT. Self-formulated Jiuwei Jiangzhi decoction in treating 76 DM complicated with hyperlipidemia. Shanghai J TCM 1999; (12) :30–31.Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang FR. DM therapeutics with integrative Chinese and western medicine. Beijing: China Chinese Medicine Press, 1998:199.Google Scholar