Effect of shuxinyin on in-stent restenosis after coronary artery stenting
- 22 Downloads
To evaluate the effect of anti-platelet regimens and it’s combination with Shuxinyin (SXY,) on in-stent restenosis after stent implantation.
Forty-four patients with successful stent implantation in a coronary artery were randomly assigned to the treated group (n = 20) and the control group (n = 24). The treated group received SXY and anti-platelet therapy. The control group were treated with anti-platelet regimens only. Platelet activation was assessed before and immediately after the stenting by flow cy-tometry, the expression of P-selectin (CD62P) and glycoprotein(GP) П b/Ш a receptor. It was reassessed on the 30th day after stenting. Plasma fibrinogen (Fg) and C-reaction protein (CRP) were measured by biuret and laser scattering turbidimetry respectively at the same time. Observation was made on the scoring of the symptoms of Qi deficiency syndrome, Qi-Yin deficiency syndrome and blood stasis syndrome in the two groups. Differences between groups were compared.
Compared with the control group, combination with SXY and anti-platelet therapy was remarkable in reducing plasma CRP (P < 0.05), and also with the tendency to decrease plasma Fg, GP П b/Шa and CD62P. It could also evidently decrease the scoring of Qi-Yin deficiency syndrome, Qi deficiency syndrome and blood stasis syndrome after stenting (P <0.05, 0.01, 0.01) respectively. Followup survey found 40 % relapse of angina pectoris with 4 cases of in-stent restenosis proved by angiography in the treated group. But the relapse of angina pectoris in the control group was 67% with 2 cases of mypcardial infarction (MI), 7 cases of in-stent restenosis proved by angiography and one death.
Combination with SXY and anti-platelet regimens can prevent stent thrombosis and in-stent restenosis after stent implantation, and it seems superior to anti-platelet therapy only.
Key wordsangioplasty stenting in-stent restenosis platelets glycoprotein Shuxinyin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Ma CS, Gai LY, Zhang KJ, et al. Intervention heart disease. 1st edition. Beijing: The People’s Health Publishing House, 1998:335–336.Google Scholar
- 5.Cardioangiology Committee of Chinese Association of the Integration of Traditional and Western Medicine. Criteria for syndrome differentiation of coronary heart disease. Chin J Integr Med 1991;11(5):257.Google Scholar
- 6.The Committee of Study on Deficiency Syndrome and Senile Disease of Chinese Association of the Integration of Traditional and Western Medicine. The reference criteria for differentiation of deficiency syndrome. Chin J Integr Med 1986;6(10):598.Google Scholar
- 7.The Committee of Promoting Blood Circulation to Remove Stasis, China Association of the Integration of Traditional and Western Medicine. Criteria for syndrome differentiation of blood stasis syndrome. Chin J Integr Med 1987; 7(3): 129.Google Scholar
- 8.Wang J, Chen KJ, Weng WL, et al. Study on the criteria for diagnosis of blood stasis syndrome. Chin J Integr Med 1988;8(10):585–589.Google Scholar