Numerical simulation of an unsaturated flow equation
- 96 Downloads
A numerical model for an unsaturated flow problem by using the finite element method is established in order to simulate liquid moisture flow In an unsaturated zone with homogeneous soil and deep subsurface water, and with different initial and boundary conditions. For infiltration or evaporation problems, a traditional method usually yields oscillatory non-physics profiles. However, nonoscillatory solutions are obtained and non-physics solutions for these problems are evaded by using the mass-lumped finite element method. Moreover, the kind of boundary condition is handled very well.
Keywordsunsaturated flow finite element mass lumping numerical simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ye Duozheng, Zeng Qingcun, Guo Yufu,Model Climate Studies (in Chinese), Beijing: Climate Press, 1991, 236–261.Google Scholar
- 3.Lei Zhidong, Yang Shixiu, Xie Songcuan,Soil Hydrology (in Chinese), Beijing: Tsinghua University Press, 1988, 270–319.Google Scholar
- 4.Bear, J.,Dynamics of Fluids in Porous Media, New York: American Elsevier Publishing Company Inc., 1972.Google Scholar
- 7.Haverkamp, R., Vauclin, M., Touma, J. et al., A comparsion of numerical simulation models for one-dimensional infiltration,Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J., 1977, 41: 285.Google Scholar
- 10.Adams, R. A.,Sobolev Spaces, New York: Academic Press, 1975, 26–74.Google Scholar
- 11.Ciarlet, P. C.,The Finite Element Methods for Elliptic Problems, Amsterdam: North-Holland, 1978, 1–50.Google Scholar