The uplifting and environmental change of Qinghai-Xizang (Tibetan) Plateau in the past 0.9 Ma inferred from core RM of Zoige Basin
- 60 Downloads
According to the synthetic multi-disciplinary study on the lake sediments from core RM of Zoige Basin, i.e. the deepest wholly-collected core in Tibetan Plateau, the palaeoclimate and palaeoenvironment for the basin in the past 0.9 Ma have been reconstructed. The analytical results suggest that there distinctively exist 3 accelerated uplifting periods for the east Plateau in the past 0.9 Ma, i.e. 800, 360 and 160 kaB.P., with the study on the sedimentary characteristics, the texture of sedimentary cycles and variations of depositional rates, in conjunction with the environment features of cold/warm to dry/wet combination. The paper also probes into the environmental effect under the 3 accelerated tectonic-upliftings on the background of global change.
KeywordsZoige Basin 0.9 MaB.P uplifting process environmental change
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Flohn, H., The elevated heat source of the Tibetan highlands and its role for the large scale atmospheric circulation, inGeological and Ecological Studies of the Qinghai-Xizang Plateau, Vol. 2, Beijing:Science Press; New York:Gordon and Breach. 1981, 1463.Google Scholar
- 2.Wang, S. M., Xue, B., Environmental evolution of Zoige Basin since 900 kaB. P. and comparison study with Loess Plateau,Science in China, Ser. D, 1997, 40(3):329.Google Scholar
- 3.Cheng, F. H., Wang, S. M., The study on the magnostratigraphy of lake core from Zoige of Qinghai-Xizang Plateau,Science in China (in Chinese), Ser. B, 1995, 25(7):772.Google Scholar
- 4.Shi Yafeng et al.,Environmental Evolution of Qinghai-Xizang Plateau Since Late Cenozoic, Guangzhou:Guangdong Science & Technology Press, 1997.Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, Y. F., Wang, S. M., Xue, B. et al., Sedirnentological evidence of the piracy of fossil Zoige Lake by the Yellow River,Chinese Science Bulletin, 1995, 40(18):1539.Google Scholar
- 6.Berger, W. H., The central mystery of the Quaternary ice age,Oceanus, 1993, 36(4):53.Google Scholar
- 7.Shi, Y. F., Zheng, B. X., Timing and height of the Qinghai-Xizang Plateau Uplifting into the cryosphere and its impact on the surrounding area, inFormation, Environmental Evolution and Ecologzcal System of Tibetan Plateau, Annuals (1995) (ed. Qingzang Programme Committee) (in Chinese), Beijing:Science Press, 1996, 136.Google Scholar
- 8.Li, L. W., Fang, Y. S., The study on the Xiashu Loess of adjacent area of Nanjing,Acta Nanjing Normal University (in Chinese), 1993, 16(supp.):3.Google Scholar
- 9.Li, J. J., Fang, X. M., Ma, H. Z. et al., The geomorphic evolution of the upper reach of Yellow River and environment change,Science in China (in Chinese), Ser. D, 1996, 26(4):316.Google Scholar
- 10.Wu, J. L., Wang, S. M., The spectrum analysis on the climate from organic carbon isotope from core RH of Zoige Basin since 800 kaB. P.,Journal of Lake Science, 1997, 9(3):211.Google Scholar