Catalytical kinetics of butterfly martensite
The stress fields around the first butterfly martensite in an Fe-Ni based alloy were calculated. The calculation results inducate that there are tensile stress fields near the convexity and the two ends of a butterfly martensite. There is a compressive stress field near the concavity. New butterfly martensite is likely induced not only near the convexity but also probably near the concavity. The butterfly martensites induced in tensile stress fields are bigger than those in compressive stress fields. The second butterfly martensite is likely induced near the convexity within 2πm region. All these results agree with the experimental observation.
Keywordsmartensite transformation catalytical kinetics complex transformation function stress field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Nichol, T. J., Judd, G., Ansell, G. S., The relationship between austenite strength and the transformation to martensite in Fe-10pct Ni-0.6pct C alloys,Metall. Trans., 1977, 8A(11): 1877.Google Scholar
- 4.Maki, T., Shimooka, S., Umemoto, M.et al., The morphology of strain-induced martensite and thermally transformed martensitic in Fe-Ni-C alloys,Trans. Jap. Inst. Met., 1972, 13(3): 400.Google Scholar
- 5.Xu, Z. Y.,Martensite and Martensitic Transformation (in Chinese), Beijing: Science Press, 1983, 259.Google Scholar
- 6.Clark, B. R., Paired-martensite in Fe-30% Ni single crystals,The International Conference on Martensite Transformation, Proc. Conf., Belgium: Leuven, 1982, 517.Google Scholar
- 7.Sun, Z. B., Zhu, P. F., Lin, H. G.et al., Handbook of Alloying Steels, Beijing: Metallurgical Industry Press, 1984, 94.Google Scholar
- 8.Tada, H., Paris, P. C., Irwin, G. R.,The Stress Analysis of Cracks Handbook, Hiltertown Pennsylvania: Del Research Corporation, 1973, 281.Google Scholar
- 10.Sandivik, B. P. J., Wayman, C. M., Characteristics of lath martensite,Metall. Trans., 1983, 14A(5): 809.Google Scholar
- 11.Chen, Q. Z., Wu, X. F., Ko, T., Butterfly martensite nucleation in an Fe-Ni-V-C alloy,Acta Metall. Sinica, 1991, 4A(6): 414.Google Scholar
- 12.Chen, Q. Z., Wu, X. F., Ko, T., Mechanism of martensite nucleation,Science in China (in Chinese), Ser. E, 1996, 26(6): 488.Google Scholar
- 13.Hirth, J. P., Lothe, J.,Theory of Dislocations, New York: John Wiley & Sons Inc., 1982, 217.Google Scholar
- 14.Van, D. J.,Mathematics of Elastic Mechanics (in Chinese), Changsha: Hunan People’s Press, 1984, 101–325.Google Scholar