Effect of mobile phase additives on resolution of some nucleic compounds in high performance liquid chromatography
- 72 Downloads
Here we investigate the chromatographic behavior, with reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography (RP-HPLC) of nucleic compounds (nucleobases, nucleosides, and nucleotides) on a C18 column in several different mobile phase additives, including1-butyl-3-methylimidazolium tetrafuloroborate ([BMIm][BF4]), 1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium methylsulfate ([EMIm][MS]) ionic liquids, ammonium formate, and potassium phosphate. The effect of the alkyl group length, the imidazolium ring, and the ionic liquid's counterions on retention and resolution of the samples were tested. The results show the potential application of a used buffer system, ion pairing system, and ionic liquid as mobile phase additives in liquid chromatography resolution of nucleic compounds.
Keywordsionic liquid buffer ion pairing RP-HPLC nucleic compounds
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Lee, S., J. H. Park, J. Kang, and J. K. Lee (2001) Lanthanide triflate-catalyzed three component synthesis of α-amino phosphonates in ionic liquids. A catalyst reactivity and reusability study.Chem. Commun. 1698–1699.Google Scholar
- 5.Gaillon, L. and F. Bedioui (2001) First example of electroassisted biomimetic activation of molecular oxygen by a (salen)Mn epoxidation catalyst in a room-temperature ionic liquid.Chem. Commun. 1458–1459.Google Scholar
- 10.Huddleston, J. G., H. D. Willauer, R. P. Swatloski, A. E. Visser, and R. D. Rogers (1998) Room temperature ionic liquids as novel media for ‘clean’ liquid-liquid extraction.Chem. Commun. 1765–1766.Google Scholar
- 12.Lazzarino, G., P. Raatikainen, M. Nuutinen, J. Nissinen, B. Tavazzi, D. Di Pierro, B. Giardina, and K. Peuhkurinen (1994) Myocardial release of malondialdehyde and purine compounds during coronary bypass surgery.Circulation 90: 291–297.Google Scholar
- 14.Tavazzi, B., R. Vagnozzi, D. Di Pierro, A. M. Amorini, G. Fazzina, S. Signoretti, A. Marmarou, I. Caruso, and G. Lazzarino (2000) Ion-pairing high-performance liquid chromatographic method for the detection ofN-acetylaspartate andN-acetylglutamate in cerebral tissue extracts.Anal. Biochem. 277: 104–108.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.Cristofori, L., B. Tavazzi, R. Gambin, R. Vagnozzi, S. Signoretti, A. M. Amorini, G. Fazzina, and G. Lazzarino (2005) Biochemical analysis of the cerebrospinal fluid: evidence for catastrophic energy failure and oxidative damage preceding brain death in severe head injury: a case report.Clin. Biochem. 38: 97–100.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 20.Allenmark, S. (1991)Chromatographic Enantioseparation: Methods and Applications, 2nd ed., Ellis Horwood. New York, NY, USA.Google Scholar