The case for debt-forgiveness for Latin America and the Caribbean countries
- 32 Downloads
Resource transfer to Latin America and the Caribbean was negative throughouthe eighties. Debt-forgiveness would benefit not only the debtor countries, however. Lending countries and institutions would also stand to gain.
KeywordsDebt Crisis Secondary Market Private Bank External Debt Caribbean Country
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cf. Ramesh C. Garg: Exploring Solutions to the LDC Debt Crisis, in: The Bankers Magazine, January/February 1989, pp. 46–51; Steven Miller: Coping With The LDC Debt Crisis, in: The Bankers Magazine, May/June 1988, pp. 29–33.Google Scholar
- 2.Eduardo Lachica: World Bank Issues Warning on Debt Woes, in: The Wall Street Journal, December 16, 1991, p. A9A.Google Scholar
- 4.Tim Carrington: Britain Moves to Cut Debt of Poor Nations, in: The Wall Street Journal, October 18, 1991, p. A-11.Google Scholar
- 5.Sisters in the Wood, the IMF and the World Bank Survey, in: The Economist, October 12, 1991, p. 24.Google Scholar
- 6.Ramesh C. Garg: Latin American and the Caribbean External Debt: Problems and Prospects, in: Economia Internazionale, August-November 1982, pp. 449–450.Google Scholar
- 7.Frank Griffith Dawson: Latin America's Debt Crisis: The Longest Running Show in Town, in: International Financial Law Review, Vol. 9, August 1990, p. 15.Google Scholar
- 8.Cf. D. Avramovic: Latin American External Debt, in: Journal of World Trade Law, March-April 1970, pp. 134–136; Ramesh C. Garg: Debt Problems of Developing Countries, in: INTERECONOMICS, March-April 1977, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 95–96.Google Scholar
- 9.Michael R. Czinkota and Martin J. Kohn: Improving U.S. Competitiveness: Swapping Debt for Education, US Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration, A Reportto the Secretary of Commerce, Washington D.C. 1988.Google Scholar
- 10.Suzanna Andrews: Debt Forgiveness Gains Ground, in: Institutional Investor, April 1988, pp. 220–224.Google Scholar
- 11.Eduardo Borensztein: Will Debt Reduction Increase Investment?, in: Finance and Development, March 1991, pp. 25–27.Google Scholar